Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    Congrats, you are going to love it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    From the few previous posts it sounds like everyone would recommend an XL for my 6'2" frame with a 34-35" cycling inseam...

My Cannondale Scalpel 29er is a size L, and has a 24.3in top tube that I run with a 90 stem. The stock 110mm was an endo-maker for sure on jumps/drops. Sounds like the XL with its 25.3in top tube and a 35 stem would still shorten things up a bit and put the bar a little higher...

Nobody seems to have an XL Mach 6 near here to demo or rent so I'm flying a little blind... Curious to know everyone's thoughts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete View Post
    From the few previous posts it sounds like everyone would recommend an XL for my 6'2" frame with a 34-35" cycling inseam...

My Cannondale Scalpel 29er is a size L, and has a 24.3in top tube that I run with a 90 stem. The stock 110mm was an endo-maker for sure on jumps/drops. Sounds like the XL with its 25.3in top tube and a 35 stem would still shorten things up a bit and put the bar a little higher...

Nobody seems to have an XL Mach 6 near here to demo or rent so I'm flying a little blind... Curious to know everyone's thoughts.
    My thoughts are you should stop thinking so much about it and just buy one. Not one day have I ever regretted buying my Mach 6. Four of my riding buddies have since bought one as well. They all have thanked me for introducing them to Pivot Cycles. You're welcome!

BarBanger
    Feb 2008

I'm 6'1" with 34 inseam and my XL w/ a 50mm stem is perfect. Love the fit. Do it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Awesome. Thanks. Hoping to pick one up in September after earning a little extra cash and healing up from surgery..

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

I am 5-10 but have fairly long legs and arms. Pivot recommends a M based on my height but I bought a L so I could run a 50mm stem with wide bars. It fits perfect. At your height I can't imagine a L would fit well, unless you want to set it up like an XC racer with a long stem. But then you will miss out on what makes this a great bike: pretty good climber, a bomber on the descents. Have fun with it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sounds like XL is probably the winner for me. Now I just need to figure out whether it's Mach 6 or Nomad... Good thing I've got a few more weeks of recovery time to think about it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10