Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mach 6 pics

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Can't wait to hear what you think after a few miles on it. The difference is subtle but I am much more comfortable on the M6 vs the HD. Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    It will be interesting, partly skewed towards my HD unfortunately as not like for like specc, would have been nice with Pike up front.Has a Fox 34, looks like some narrow Stans rims and very narrow too small a tires for my liking Honey Badgers, XX1 though.Ill throw on my Reverb and well see!I sent my XF Vector off for a service last week still not back, so Friday I guided some cool cats on my local stuff and some stuff that does not exist and had the std Float CTD back on as a temp solution since the M6 wasn't built up, bit disappointed on that as this would have been the litmus test.Anyway I always new the Fox CTD was average, but not as bad as everyone made out, after being on my XF front n rear, Vector shock for 8months, not only is the Fox CtD float a POS, the difference is not light years away its Universes in away, even simple sections I smoke without trying, my rear was out of control, trying to ride the same way, nothing wrong with shock btw, I rode another back to back on a different bike felt the same, amazed how uncontrolled they feel in comparison to my Vector, also did allot of fire road climbing were the CTD should have been better still felt crap.Just hope the Float X is a return for Fox to something decent! People really have no idea how bad some stuff they ride really is after getting used to it. Btw the M6 demo is my colour choice and in person frame built does look incredible, good work Pivot.Ps anyone else having issue with mtb editor today, always bad for me but dam its worse today!Our National DH champs on yesterday top 3 were on new proto 27.5 Dh bikes, sic as bro. Wilson, Trek 9.9s braaap! Haha darkside is calling!

mtbr member
    That moment when your new Mach 6 was just delivered to your place of work, and it's only lunchtime and you want to get the hell out of here and build it and ride the $#!+ out of it but you can't.

That's what I'm going through right now. Pics to follow once it's built.

mtbr member
    "I feel a migraine coming on. I better get home while I can still drive - to the trail head"....hahaha!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Cough cough... I better leave so I don't get anyone else sick. Just trying to be responsible!

Congrats on the new bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Mach 6 pics-blizzard-anticipation.jpg
    We know the feeling...

mtbr member
    Just built up my new Pivot Mach 6! Big thank you to Chris, Kenny, Lisa, Daniel, Aaron and everyone else at Pivot for making such a great bike. Tomorrow will be a good day..

Mach 6 pics-build-up.jpg

Mach 6 pics-build-up-4.jpg

Pivot Mach 6
    Fox float 34 160
    Fox DOSS
    Reynolds Carbon AM wheels
    Maxxis Minons
    Gravity Gradient: Bars, Stem, Cranks, Chainring
    SDG Duster saddle and grips
    KMC X10SL-Ti chain
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    "I feel a migraine coming on. I better get home while I can still drive - to the trail head"....hahaha!
    So vikb... have you spilled the beans yet on the identity of your new ride? Am I in the right forum?

mtbr member

None more black

Here's my freshly built XL Mach 6, stealth black color. X01/XT brakes, Pike @150mm, Reverb, Easton cockpit, Reynolds Carbon wheels. Red ano-bling parts. 28.2 lbs as pictured.
    Mach 6 pics-img_1485.jpg
    Love the stealth black color w/ red highlights. A single red star, for communism!
    Mach 6 pics-img_1489.jpg
    Probably need to cut the steerer down once I'm sure I like the fit. Not many spacers need with that tall HT.
    Mach 6 pics-img_1493.jpg
    Love the way this bike looks, and looking forward to getting her dirty tomorrow!
    Mach 6 pics-img_1495.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    ^^^^^ Beautiful bike. I'm curious, why have you (and others) gone with the 150 Pike over the 160?

mtbr member
    Nice to see some new rides showing up!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    So vikb... have you spilled the beans yet on the identity of your new ride? Am I in the right forum?
    No beans spilled. No cats out of bags.

If my LBS's ETA was accurate I still have 4-6 weeks to wait and I am not assuming they have that right.

Lots of time for something to go off the rails so I figure there isn't much point in getting into it quite yet.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    For those using the fox float 34 CTD- what is your rebound set at? I don't want to steer this thread away from sexy bike pics so please answer here

Need help setting rebound on 2014 fox float 34

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aevanlloyd View Post
    ^^^^^ Beautiful bike. I'm curious, why have you (and others) gone with the 150 Pike over the 160?
    Because....not a big difference of 10mm...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    Because....not a big difference of 10mm...
    Sorry. Bad Question. What I meant was, why did you go with a 150 Pike over a 160 Pike? Did you feel one was better suited for the bike?

mtbr member
    Sorry. Bad Question. What I meant was, why did you go with a 150 Pike over a 160 Pike? Did you feel one was better suited for the bike?
    I went with the 150 because I think 66.5 (in my XL) is a nice place to be in terms of HT angle, and the XL has a pretty tall HT so keeping bars at a reasonable height is also a consideration. That said, I'm sure it'd ride great with a 160 too; I honestly don't think that difference is going to make itself felt anywhere by in your head. I certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the ride characteristics if I weren't told.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Mach 6 pics

Maybe because Pivot say to use a 150mm fork and thats what comes on all if their bikes.

I'm using a 160 but im thinking the head is just to slack really?

mtbr member
    go OCD and lower it to 155mm travel
    Pivot mach 6!

mtbr member
    Thats what one of my buddies did. Personally I love it with the 160 on it.

Keep on Rockin...
    Headset question....

The stock headset that comes with a build kit... Mine appears to have about a 2.5mm space between the top cap and flange of the head tube insert. There is a thin rubber gasket in that space, but the gasket does not nearly fill the void. The gasket seats upward into the recess of the top cap.

The space looks open enough to let in a lot of water and grit.

Am I missing perhaps some other seal or spacer/washer?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    One other thought (which I posted over on the Mach 6 fork thread as well): I find that the Pike is more supportive than Fox forks or the FloatX rear shock. By which I mean it rides higher in its travel when set at the same sag, both climbing and descending. So when climbing in particular, the front feels a bit extra high due to the more supportive fork. For this reason I think it makes even more sense to stick with the 150mm pike up front.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    so I've been loving the Float X rear shock (really) but not in love with the front Fox fork. I know people have been replacing with Pike 150/160, but is it really that much of a difference? I feel that this front fork is a bit too shallow or stiff or something(?), not sure how to describe it. It's just not that amazing as I thought it would be....though the rest of the bike is PERFECT for me. Is this the reason to go to Pike? thanks in advance.
    I have too many bikes, but it's not enough

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Gee, more pics fellas. I can't build mine yet so I might as well drowl over youse builds.

Bring 'em on...
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Here is a good one for you

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

My Bike in the field..

Mach 6 pics-img_20140225_131223_368.jpgMach 6 pics-img_20140225_131153_568.jpgMach 6 pics-img_20140225_085228_300.jpg
    Rocket saddle tie rails
    Xo brakes
    Gravity dropper but replacing with reverb
    Xo rear derailleur and shifter
    Next sL crank 32 tooth
    Havoc bars carbon
    Race face stem turbine
    DSP lizardskin grips but did not like and putting on Peaties
    Cane Creek headset
    Pike fork
    Derby rims, super comp spokes, 240 hubs
    Hans in front
    Trail king back 2.2
    Xtr pedals
    And gave my left nut for her
    Last edited by alwayslivingthedream; 02-25-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Update

mtbr member

Re: Mach 6 pics

That is impressive weight. Would you mind sharing the specs?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast