Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mach 6 pics

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yes on rf.
    switched dropper to reverb and switched grips to lock ons and putting on highroller 2 on back tonight. That should bump up the weight a bit. But still guessing under 27

mtbr member

Black Beauty

Large Mach 6 Stealth Black
    RockShox Pike 160
    SRAM X01 Drivetrain
    Shimano XT Brakes
    Nox 35mm AM Carbon Wheels/DT 240s Hubs
    RockShox Reverb Stealth Seatpost
    Race Face SIXC 785 mm Carbon Bars
    Kore Repute 35mm Stem
    Straightline Amp Pedals
    Hans Dampf up front/High Roller II in back
    No idea what she weighs!

Mach 6 pics-000.jpgMach 6 pics-001.jpgMach 6 pics-002.jpgMach 6 pics-003.jpgMach 6 pics-004.jpgMach 6 pics-005.jpg

mtbr member
    ^^^^^ Nice!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Gorgeous! I got the matte carbon SIXC bars as I thought the red would be too much and there are a lot of shades of red. Seeing those bars on your bike, it matches perfect. Wish I could change that up. Beautiful set up. I will be posting mine in about a week when it is all finished.

Lock that beauty up with some heavy duty chains or never let it out of your site! I have lost 2 very expensive bikes in the last 6 months that were locked up on my bike rack.

mtbr member
    Thanks vikb & Dawg,

I wasn't sure how the bars would match and whether 785mm would be too wide, coming from some Haven 750's. Color and width are awesome. I ordered red grips but I'm afraid of taking away from the "Stealthiness" of the bike. I originally wanted the blue frame, but when I ordered they were out. I'm super stoked with the "Stealth Black."

I built up my dream bike last fall, and while traveling up near Portland it was stolen off my rack while locked. It worked out alright thanks to insurance, now my dream bike stepped up a notch or two

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I went for the red anodized lock rings and ODI Rogue grips for just a touch of red. Looks pretty good. Added some red Canfield Crampons to match. Sounds like we were having the same tough decisions when building these. I also had to make sure and match fork sanctions with my dropper post. OCD.

mtbr member
    Cool, look forward to some pics!

mtbr member

My steed in finally finished.

I just finished her. She hasn't even been on the dirt yet. I can't wait…..

Large Frame
    Pike 160
    XO crank
    XT brakes
    Reverb
    Stans Flow wheelset
    Specialized Butcher up front. High roller aft
    Black and red seem to be a common theme.

Mach 6 pics-photo_1-15.jpgMach 6 pics-photo_2-15.jpgMach 6 pics-photo_3-15.jpgMach 6 pics-photo_4-11.jpgMach 6 pics-photo_5-8.jpg

mtbr member
    Mach 6 pics-img_1466.jpgMach 6 pics-img_1467.jpg
    Very nice, Lpcunity.
    She looks like my girls twin!
    Last edited by turfnsurf; 03-17-2014 at 11:20 PM.

mtbr member
    ****'s hot son!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1466.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	877754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1467.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	877753Click image for larger version. 

ID:	877753
    Very nice, Lpcunity.
    They must be from the same litter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markmyers View Post
    ****'s hot son!
    Show us your's!!. We showed you ours!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1466.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	877754Click image for larger version. 

ID:	877753Click image for larger version. 

ID:	877753
    Very nice, Lpcunity.
    What tires are these? The bike, including pedals is exactly like mine, but your 1.5 lbs lighter.

Sweet bike!

mtbr member
    Tires are High Roller II 2.3 Back/Hans Dampf 2.35 Front.
    Wheelset is DT Swiss 240s Hubs/Nox AM rims (which including tubeless tape & valve stems came out to 1498 grams for the set.)
    Actually it's only a half pound lighter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Writ ting error
    Last edited by goyayago; 03-17-2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Error

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Has Nyone tried to set the bike with 170 mm fork? Do you think if this will broke too much the geo or if not, just will make harder the climb and more confortable the down hill
    Regards

mtbr member
    Personally I like it with a 160 fork. I don't think you would gain much by going with a 170 fork, especially if you plan on earning your descents. I think if I wanted to change the suspension in any way I'd look into something different for the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Bad pics early this morning. Just finished the build last night. Will post more with a better camera and light soon. Very happy with the way the build turned out. Still need a few rides to determine where to cut the fork.

Full XX1 build, Derby rims, etc. I'll put the whole build up when I have better pics.

Love the wheels. Derby and Hope Hubs.

mtbr member
    Re-post from derailleur cover thread....figured it belonged here:

My GF got jealous and ordered a M6 as well. Here X0 complete [small = 27.8lbs w/o pedals] came with a DM cover.

My large blue frame = 6.86lb.

and the rest of my bike waiting to be born!

- 160mm Pike
    - XTR brakes
    - XX1
    - RF Next SL cranks
    - Light Bicycle rims w/ Hope Hubs and Conti TK 2.2" tires
    - RS Reverb
    - RF stem & bars
    Last edited by vikb; 04-03-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Mach 6 pics

Nice. I hope no one steals your car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have same pivot, a few posts ago, and have the NOX wheels coming next week. looking forward to riding those. and Vigilante Team tires to try out. tubeless of course. nice to see others with the NOX AM wheels.
    I have too many bikes, but it's not enough

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deerock View Post
    I have same pivot, a few posts ago, and have the NOX wheels coming next week. looking forward to riding those. and Vigilante Team tires to try out. tubeless of course. nice to see others with the NOX AM wheels.
    I'm loving the NOX wheelset, light, strong stiff. I don't understand why the feel better, but the do inspire confidence cornering. Enjoy building & riding. I feel like I can appreciate a bike better when I built it up

mtbr member
    Killer build Vik. Can't wait to see it complete.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Killer build Vik. Can't wait to see it complete.

^^^what he said^^^

Just looked at your specs and that is one sweet ride. I'll bet you'll be close to 27.0# depending on pedals, sweet!

mtbr member
    I was considering a Light Bicycle Wheelset, but I was concerned about them setting up tubeless with the hookless rim. I know people do it, just sounded different. I'd like to hear how you like them after a few rides, they seem like a good option compared to Enve's (expensive and pain in the A$$ spoke setup.)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was considering a Light Bicycle Wheelset, but I was concerned about them setting up tubeless with the hookless rim. I know people do it, just sounded different. I'd like to hear how you like them after a few rides, they seem like a good option compared to Enve's (expensive and pain in the A$$ spoke setup.)
    I've got one on order (with Hope hubs). I'll be setting it up tubeless as soon as I get it, so I'll try to report back. My 29er rims from them have been flawless in every respect, but they have a bead hook. I'm pretty optimistic.

mtbr member
    I am running the Derbys with a hookless bead and no issues. Setup easy tubeless.

mtbr member
    I set up my LB 35mm wide hookless rims in a few minutes.

- 1 wrap on stans 25mm tape
    - 2 scoops of sealant
    - 1 CO2 cartridge to get it seated
    - a few shakes to spread the sealant around
    - let them lay on their sides for the evening with occasional flips to spread things out nicely

One of the easiest tubeless setups I have done.

BTW - tires = Conti Trail King 2.2" Protection
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I am looking forward to getting the bike built up. It will be the nicest MTB build I will ever have had. I am normally a middle of the road rider [AL frame SLX/XT parts], but I ride a lot and I have no kids to spend my $$ on so after buying my cat enough toys and catnip to OD on I figure I might as well see how the blingy MTBer live at least one time.

Not sure on the final weight. My blue frame is pretty porky and I didn't go weight weenie everywhere I could - heavier spokes[+150g over a buddy's similar wheels], 203/180mm rotors, painted frame,Ergon grips, etc...

My current bike is at 35lbs and it's my do everything ride....so I am hopeful I can get the M6 down to the 28-29lbs range w/ pedals. I will appreciate it at the 3-5hrs+ mark on longer rides as we have to climb a lot in my neck of the woods. I'm dropping over a pound per wheel which I know I will dig and getting a taller wheel which will help roll through our roots and rocks nicely.

Although I am excited to see the bike built up I am not that excited to go through the setup phase. It took me a long time to get the Nomad dialled and I have been on it now 5yrs+ so we are pretty in sync. I know it's going to take time to get feeling that way with the M6 and I want to get there, but I just don't want to spend too much time flailing away on sections I usually rock.

We'll probably keep riding the Nomads for demanding rides and sneak off alone on our M6's with a full set of tools to ride-tweak-ride-tweak and session some of our favourite trails until we are back on top of our game.

We'll keep these bikes another 5yrs+ so it's a worthwhile investment.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I usually take a while to adapt to new bikes, but the M6 was pretty painless for me. My guess is that the Nomads are going to get lonely pretty quickly!

mtbr member
    My guess is that the Nomads are going to get lonely pretty quickly!
    I hope so. The Nomads are pretty amazing bikes especially when you consider I into year #6 on mine. I would love to have the M6 be "the next level bike" because that would be a really high level of performance.

I plan to be back on mine in the fall through the winter [except for any SW desert trip we do at X'mas]. The level of carnage that goes on around here in the PNW during the winter is epic. I can't see wanting to subject a new carbon bike to that at least for the first few years.

BTW - SC is putting out a new 650B Nomad @ 165mm travel shortly....should be interesting!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I have heard a lot of rumors around the new Nomad. Looking forward to seeing it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I hope so. The Nomads are pretty amazing bikes especially when you consider I into year #6 on mine....BTW - SC is putting out a new 650B Nomad @ 165mm travel shortly....should be interesting!
    How come I live in Santa Cruz and visit the SC showroom once in a while, but people from BC know about this before I do? I asked SC at Outerbike if they had plans for a 650B Nomad and they stated very specifically "NO!"
    I will be very curious about this. I expected the Bronson to be a 27.5" Nomad, but it was not even close. Hopefully I'll get my M6 dialed and will not have wandering eyes!

mtbr member
    How come I live in Santa Cruz and visit the SC showroom once in a while, but people from BC know about this before I do?

LOL. I'm plugged in to the heartbeat of the MTB industry.

I'm sure the Nomad Mk3 will be a worthy rig to ride next to the M6, but unless SC pulls something unbelievable out of their hat I can't see it making you want to trade in your M6.

BTW - sorry for the OT
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Finished my built in Jan. Best bike I ever rode

Mach 6 pics-pivot-mach-6.jpg

Mach 6 pics-pivotmach6-2.jpg

Built:

Frame Frame w Damper: Pivot Mach 6
    Grips: Lizard Skins DSP
    Bar: Race Face Sixc 35mm
    Shifter: Sram X01
    Brakes: XTR 2014
    Pedale: HT Components Titan
    Stem: Race Face Atlas 35mm
    Spacer: SRAM Spacer Carbon UD SET
    Shifter Cable: POWER CORDZ
    Fork: Pike 160mm
    Derailleur: Sram X01
    Chain: Sram X01
    Casette: Sram X01 (Schwarz)
    Crank (incl. BB and 30t): Race Face Next SL
    Bashguard: Carbocage XX1
    Wheels: Duke Crazy Jack 650b, DT Swiss 240 Center Lock, 32 spokes (--> Custom Decals)
    Brake Rotors: Shimano SM-RT99 180mm & 160mm
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.25 Trailstar-Compound
    Seatpost: RS Reverb Stealth
    Saddle: SAEVID Sillin
    Crank Boots: Race Face
    Adapter to match Shimano Brake with Sram Shifter: Trickstuff Matshi

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Nice. Tell me more about this: Adapter to match Shimano Brake with Sram Shifter: Trickstuff Matshi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Nice. Tell me more about this: Adapter to match Shimano Brake with Sram Shifter: Trickstuff Matshi
    Trickstuff
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

LOL. I'm plugged in to the heartbeat of the MTB industry.

I'm sure the Nomad Mk3 will be a worthy rig to ride next to the M6, but unless SC pulls something unbelievable out of their hat I can't see it making you want to trade in your M6.

BTW - sorry for the OT
    Any bets that the SC factory riders have been on Nomads painted as Bronsons for a while...

Mtb Guide
    Any bets that the SC factory riders have been on Nomads painted as Bronsons for a while...
    Factory rider brought one into my LBS recently unfortunately I missed it, the lads have both sold theyre Bronsons Solos for the new Nomad, love that its a dedicated 1x design, will give SC they're due they committ to things and make stuff that is relevant to real riders, no BB92 funky other stuff always loved that about SC.

SP got a quick ride on my mates M6 with Derbys and Pike and large frame 30mm stem lol, much much better, one thing I will say it pops on a manual easy as HD is quite hard to manual and wheelie, M6 I could be wheelie king again in that thing, love it.

Did the slalom switch back test felt no flex compared to the factory spec ver I rode that felt like a noodle in the wheels, new they were part of it. Man impressed by those Derbys, will be ordering some as soon as in stock again!

Another thing I got was the Pike felt very similar to my Veng in dampening performance hard to tell which might be better but Id give the Pike the edge in weight performance and XF Veng in stiffness especially at the axle, I don't care what anyone says 15mm is flexy compared to 20mm. Makes me appreciate how good my XFusion is though would love it at Pikes weight, I can just trust this fork to deliver in any situation esspecially when the s h it hits the fan, just stay losey goosey and let the fork dish out the beating to what ever!

I hope this years Enduro series takes perfromance to such a level that the Pike and other mid travel forks 34s/35s Sweeps etc offer a 20mm version, these bikes beg for it.

Really liked the feel of of his M6 though, definitley feel more in it than on it like the HD.

mtbr member
    Doesn't the XF version have a 20 mm axle? Unfortunately it also has 34 mm stanchions as well which I think could negate the 20 mm axle.

Mtb Guide
    Doesn't the XF version have a 20 mm axle? Unfortunately it also has 34 mm stanchions as well which I think could negate the 20 mm axle.

Not on the Sweep 27.5" 34 15mm only currently, but it's rated as stiff as the Pike!
    Still wish it was 20mm.

My Vengeance is 20mm!
    XF Metric is 20mm
    XF Revel 34 USD is 20mm
    BOS is 20mm
    I would love it if they released 20mm lowers for the Pike it would be killer at that weight. Take performance to new levels, bury the Fox 34 completely haha ya know I love that fork aye.

Interesting rumour I'll start it here, Fox are working on new 36s that are 27.5" x 20mm

I can swap between, my hubs are convertible Hope P2s 20-15mm etc

mtbr member
    I would love a Pike in 20 as well. Still don't understand why they went away from it.

mtbr member
    New fox 36s will be lighter with simpler axle retention system for 2015.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    New fox 36s will be lighter with simpler axle retention system for 2015.
    Im lost to them, never trust they're damping again except in the 40, too much disappointment and waste of $$ to find out they still suck with such good forks from other brands that provide what I want not just in performance but servicing and tuning they always forget those last ones!

Mtb Guide
    I would love a Pike in 20 as well. Still don't understand why they went away from it.

I hear ya, I cannot see why a big company like them couldn't have produced 20mm lowers as well maybe stock less numbers, its all marketing, people brought into 15mm being lighter Rockshow did a test on Fox 15mm and some hubs a few years back when they brought out the Maxle light 20mm on the Revelation new at the time!

The rev setup and 20mm was significantly stiffer and marginally lighter than the other hub 15mm setups.

OEM has allot to answer for I do think it has a place XC riders were never going to wrap they're heads around a 20mm axle even if it was lighter stiffer, so 120/130mm down on 32mm chassis I think its good and better than the QR of the day. But over that they easily could have kept improving weight to stiffness ratios and we wouldn't have the BS today.
    haha, you still have one sexy bike buddy.

Also nice bike too simonease loos great swinging back to black green haha!

mtbr member

I went bikepacking with the boys this weekend in the mountains so after riding home today and getting in a nap I figured I better tackle one of the tasks left to get the GF's M6 fully rolling.

My LBS didn't set up the stock tires tubeless as they knew we'd discard them pronto.

I tried to seat the beads on her stock rims with one wrap of tape, but the Trail Kings in 2.2" were a loose fit and wouldn't take a seat with a blast from a CO2 cartridge. I don't have a compressor and I want these tires to be re-seatable on the trail so I added a second wrap of tape and they popped into place no problem.

FWIW - I've used these same tires on a bunch of different rims and this is the loosest fit I have encountered.

Now I need to:

- pull her XO1 cranks now and install the Blackspire Bruiser bash guard
    - get her suspension dialled
    - apply some protetive tape in key areas
    - de-logo the beast

Looks like rain all week so I'll have time to make that happen.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    How are you going to de-logo?

mtbr member
    How are you going to de-logo?
    I'm going to cut out some shapes that cover the offending decals from paper. Then take them to a local sign shop so they can make me vinyl decals. I'll match the colour scheme of the bike so they don't look out of place. They are removable so if I am not 100% stoked or I want to change 'em up in a year I can.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

Mach 6 pics

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Im lost to them, never trust they're damping again except in the 40, too much disappointment and waste of $$ to find out they still suck with such good forks from other brands that provide what I want not just in performance but servicing and tuning they always forget those last ones!
    I hear you. I have a deville on my HD which I love. The last fox fork I owned was a 2011 36 Van which I didn't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My first self-made custom built bike:
    Mach6 in S
    Fork: RS Pike 160mm
    Brakes und Drivetrain: all Shimano XT
    Wheels: DT XM1501 Spline
    Tires: Hans Dampf Trailstar front wheel and Pacestar rear wheel
    Stem: Syntace Megaforce 2 50mm
    Bar: Syntace Vector Carbon 780mm, Rise 20mm back sweep 12o
    Seatpost: KS LEV Integra 150mm