mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Mach 6 Fork Travel

The Pivot website shows the stock fork travel for the Mach 6 to be 150mm, however I have read at least one review where they say the fork is 160mm travel. Which one is right?

I just ordered a Mach 6 and am getting a RS Pike for it and I want to make sure I get the proper fork since it isn't easy to adjust the travel on the Pike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kibosh View Post
    The Pivot website shows the stock fork travel for the Mach 6 to be 150mm, however I have read at least one review where they say the fork is 160mm travel. Which one is right?

I just ordered a Mach 6 and am getting a RS Pike for it and I want to make sure I get the proper fork since it isn't easy to adjust the travel on the Pike.
    You can run either 150 or 160, it just depends on how slack you want to go.

You're looking at differences of just ~1/2 degree in head angle and <5mm in bb height, regardless.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    I have ridden both and liked more 160 mm. And Pike is soooo good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    150mm from Pivot but you can upgrade to 160mm with a air cartridge.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks, I went with the 160mm. Frame supposedly shipped to my LBS today, hopefully will have it together by Friday.

mtbr member
    I was told complete bikes only in the orders that shipped this week. If you get a frame only let us know!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I was told complete bikes only in the orders that shipped this week. If you get a frame only let us know!
    I guess I should have been more clear, I ordered a complete bike. Got a large black/red, X01 build, I am having my LBS add the Pike, XT brakes, and a Reverb Stealth dropper post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Going to give the Fox 150mm some time to get more of a feel for it,been running 160mm Float on my Carbine but believe a 150mm will be an attribute for most situations.I noticed on high speed double step downs like the 30 footer I tested my friends medium on that you need to plant the transition with more rear leading,but very doable! I also did not have any issues with significant pedal strikes on our very rocky and pedal kicking terrain I tested it through,but them I am very aware of the potential and compensate naturally.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Salespunk,my shop just called,large frame kit has shipped! I will have them weigh it with what ever they installed on it,HS,BB and or axle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Does that mean all large frame kits are starting to ship? So is a 150 or 160 fork going to be better? 170 cranks if 150 and 175 cranks if 160? Trying to figure this out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Not sure about other shops and delivery for large but am certainly excited to receive mine! the medium I tested had 175 cranks with 150mm fork and experienced no discernable issues with pedal strikes and really truly we have crank eating terrain here in Eastern Pa! but then again I am not a masher.I plan to stick with 150mm and see over time.

Keep on Rockin...
    Fork travel....

The bike was designed around a Fox 150mm. The important question is what is that fork's A to C?

Fox forks seem to have run a bit taller than RS forks. That said, my Pike A to C is a bit taller that the same travel Revelation it replaced.

I've always found running the recommended travel or A to C length fork to be the best.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    150mm is plenty of travel for most needs if not all,160mm is nice if your pushing its limits constantly like for jumping,ride parks etc,but not a game changer for more skill full riders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    150mm is plenty of travel for most needs if not all,160mm is nice if your pushing its limits constantly like for jumping,ride parks etc,but not a game changer for more skill full riders.
    150 mm is fine for jumping and park days; I do it all the time. The 10 mm difference in this case is really more is more a matter of raising the bb, a steeper. HA, and having a tad bit more options for your set up (I.e. Running a little less pressure and chatter trials). Going from a 32 mm, 150 to a 36 mm, 160 is a big difference, but that's all about the stanchion size.

The Mach 6 was designed around both the fox 150 and 160 (like the Mach 5.7c being designed around the fox 140 and 150). Per above, A2C crown is more important when deciding on which fork. Personally, I wouldn't sweat it much - just determine the geo you want and go for it. The bike is going to rock with either size fork.