Thread: Mach 5 fit

mtbr member

Mach 5 fit

Hi, I've got a medium Mach 5 frame on its way from Speedgoat.
    I just need to figure out the stem and seatpost fit. I'm about 5'10" with a 31" inseam.
    Is the mach 5 frame designed for an offset setpost or should I got for a zero offset version?
    I currently run a 100mm stem on my medium 2009 Stumpjumper FSR and think I may need to run a bit shorter stem on the Mach 5 due to the longer top tube.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Last edited by joshdurston; 01-01-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Not just famous; infamous
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdurston
    Hi, I've got a medium Mach 5 frame on its way from Speedgoat.
    I just need to figure out the stem and seatpost fit. I'm about 5'10" with a 31" inseam.
    Is the mach 5 frame designed for an offset setpost or should I got for a zero offset version?
    I currently run a 100mm stem on my medium 2009 Stumpjumper FSR and think I may need to run a bit shorter stem on the Mach 5 due to the longer top tube.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    I'm close to your size, ride a medium M5, and use a straight Thomson post. My saddle's pretty far forward, so I can't imagine running an offset post. I've used 80, 90, and 100 mm stems, and settled on the 90 mm.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll probably order a straight Thomson and experiment with some cheap stems till I'm comfortable.