mtbr member

Mach 5 FD question

hi! i am planning to upgrade my current drive train system to the new shimano xtr, my question is will the new e-type fd low type work? anyone care to give me the part number of the compatible dynasys fd? thanks!
    padyakol = padyak all the way

Pivotal figure
    Which crankset are you looking to run? ( 2x10 or 3x10)
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    You will want to use the FD-M980-E type FD for the triple, and you can only use a 26x38 or 28x40 double on our bikes, as the FD will not clear some of the suspension link pins to allow for a larger chain ring on double cranks. You will want to use the FD-M985-E2 type FD.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    3x10.. thanks for the info! now any suggestions on how i can change the bottom bracket to a ceramic bearing?

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    I'm not sure who sells them, maybe Enduro, or FSA. I see no reason in doing this, as it only adds weight...
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    changed my drivetrain already with the new xtr, however i was not able to change my fd.. stuck with the xt for now as my lbs has the older xtr model. i think the new one is the m985-e3 for the 3 plate crank, and the m985-e2 for the 2 plate crank of shimano.