mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Mach 5.7 and reverb

Hi,

Having just taken delivery of my new 2013 Mach 5.7 alloy I have got it built up and it is running great. The only difficulty I am having is getting a suitable routing for my reverb cable, and stop it from bowing out when it is dropped. So how do you guys have them routed and what would you recommend?

Many thanks

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Too late now I guess , but the LBS could have gotten you a KS Lev.

dog
    sit! stay!
    that seems to be a weakness with the reverb. the hydraulic line is stiff and seems to go where it wants... below you can see the ultra-ugly way I routed it on my FB. I recently put a doss on my M4X and I could route that "normally" with no problems (cable and housing).

what I did for my reverb on my FB is experiment using zip ties keeping the loops open so the line could move until I worked out something that worked. sad but true...

i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Cheers, I think I might have got it by shortening it a little more and moving the cable guide around on to then rear of my top tube, sending the hose diagonally backwards away from my legs and the wheel, result!
    I had thought about the KS Lev but having owned a cable actuated dropper post on my previous bike (Joplin) I liked the idea of the hydraulic remote being smooth almost all the time and not having the problem of replacing or cleaning inner/outer cable on a regular basses. I ride in Scotland so it can get VERY muddy at times.

Thanks again

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    I run a Command Post, which also has the cable going to the head of the post, I used two zip ties in a figure-8 to create a loop for the cable to slide up and down in.

One zip tie is held captive by the seat post collar, and the other one goes around it creating the loop for the seat post cable. It might be ghetto, but it works really well and is pretty unobtrusive.