Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mach 5.7 CARBON

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

XS eta?

Damn I hope XS come in march I can't wait for summer for a new ride. May need to rethink and look at the Al.

mtbr member
    I was able to see a built out 5.7 Carbon over the weekend at Sagebrush Cycles in Bend, OR (sorry, no pics as the lighting sucked). Folks, for those who have only seen the bike online I absolutely cannot stress enough how freaking *beautiful* this bike is when seen in person. Aesthetically, the frame is simply a work of art. The lines, the edges, the curves all are formed in the right places with the perfect amount of influence. For those into technical aesthetics, again, the frame is just profound in how every technical detail is incorporated and integrated into the frame. Simply beautiful.

As for the graphics, I certainly hear some of the complaints lodged in this thread. Yes the bike "announces" itself far more intently than does say an Ibis or Santa Cruz (hell even Giant and Trek have toned it down this year), BUT the graphics are far more pleasing when you see the bike in person. I guess the best way of putting it is that the graphics are meant to be seen in 3D, where one has the benefit of experiencing the angles, textures, lines, etc. in person and can walk around, touch, and sit on the bike. And trust me, no one is going to give you crap on the trail for having a bike with a lot of branding - folks respect Chris and Pivot and, frankly, they'll most likely just ask you questions about the bike. Again, at this price point, if the graphics bother you, then so be it. But see the bike in person first and ultimately let the ID and ride characteristics form your decision.

And yes, I did order a medium Red frame for a custom build and will post pics and specs once completed (~end of March)

One question to the Pivot crew if you're combing the thread - will you be coming out with a bling kit for the carbon? I'd love to see red carbon-capped DW-Link, pivot pins, link bolts and seat post clamps available vs. just the blue.
    Last edited by JMW503; 01-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cas-pa2 View Post
    Damn I hope XS come in march I can't wait for summer for a new ride. May need to rethink and look at the Al.
    Have you called Pivot to get an ETA? I would SERIOUSLY consider waiting for the carbon as it is that much better. I like the aluminum, have ridden it and it's a great bike, but the carbon is lighter, stiffer, and quite frankly, a better looking bike. Get the aluminum because you *want* the aluminum not because of a 1-2 month delta. Last thing you want to do when spending this kind of coin is settling for one bike then immediately having remorse and longing for another.

Pivotal figure
    Not sure if we'll do a "lunchbox" kit for the carbon bikes or not. I do think it'll be difficult to make the link into a version of the "SL" due to the different shape. Maybe after we've caught up on all the orders we can look at some of the bling options...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Not a bad looking frame (except for the decals...)

Mach 5.7 CARBON-mach-5.7-carbon.jpg

Slovakia (Europe)
    Blue alu blings (pivot bolts, setpost clamp, ...) and white/lime green or white/red decals don't go well together ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The Ibis Mojo has issues with chain-suck.

Has anyone had issues with chain-suck on the 5.7?

Slovakia (Europe)
    I have no significant issues with chain-suck on my Mojo, there are too many factors that can affect the chain-suck, not only the frame.

MTB SOCAL
    I finally got my Mach 5.7 Carbon. I still have to dial in the fork / shock and shorten the cables. It weighed in at 26 lbs with beefy tires. Looking forwards to the first ride soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 5.7 CARBON-img_1477.jpg  

Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone ridden one and a Mojo SL-R? Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Coil shock allowed on these things?

screamer

less is more

sick at home w/a cold & mucking about a bit w/Photoshop in between chicken soup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 5.7 CARBON-mach_57_carbon-zoom2b.jpg  

Mach 5.7 CARBON-mach_57_carbon-zoom3b.jpg  

On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

MTB SOCAL
    Very nice. I like
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    It's to bad they didn't use your graphic's in the 1st place.

mtbr member
    +1!!! If they looked like that, I might have bought the carbon version instead of the aluminum!
    "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -- Calvin & Hobbes

mtbr member
    I had a chance to demo a demo a 5.7 carbon back in December. The bike was amazing!! The only thing holding me back were the Graphic's. I asked the demo crew if there happen to be any other color option's. There response was, How can you not dig those awesome graphic's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by A girl from Seattle View Post
    +1!!! If they looked like that, I might have bought the carbon version instead of the aluminum!
    Same here! Well I`m sure the alu version will be just fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I guess i am getting old. If i demo a great bike that is "amazing" I for sure would not get hung up on the graphics.

OZX
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I must say I am not a fan of the graphics either.
    What I can tell you is I have not given them a second look since getting the bike home. In fact I had forgotten about the issue till reading this post.
    It's a non issue from a riders perspective.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gryeti View Post
    I guess i am getting old. If i demo a great bike that is "amazing" I for sure would not get hung up on the graphics.
    Good question. Function over Form. I agree with you to a certain extent. There's alot of bike's that have both. I ended up picking up a HD. The 5.7 is still a great bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    At $6,000 a piece, I expect function AND form.

mtbr member
    The graphics are what they are and look fine in person. They look better yet covered in dirt, dust, and mud, which is exactly the state my bike will be in 99% of the time 'cuz I plan on ridding the crap out of it once my bike is built up.

If the graphics don't work for you, then so be it. Got to grab you if you're going to spend large coin. That said, the graphics discussion is getting *really* stale at this stage.
    Last edited by JMW503; 02-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Anyone get a real world weight with the shock? The Alu is a claimed 5.6 lbs with shock. What's the carbon weigh in at?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    [QUOTE=myitch;8983547]Anyone get a real world weight with the shock? The Alu is a claimed 5.6 lbs with shock. What's the carbon weigh in at?[

I read something a while back that said five pounds with shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Anyone get a real world weight with the shock? The Alu is a claimed 5.6 lbs with shock. What's the carbon weigh in at?
    113grams less than the Alu version.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast