Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 363

Thread: Mach 5.7 CARBON

  1. #276
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    New to Pivot, not to carbon.

    This is my 4th carbon framed Mnt bike. Blur XC c, Blut LTc, Nomad c. this bike stands out the most as it is the stiffest out of the larger travel bikes that I have owned. I don't have the XC c any more but the Pivot reminds me of that bike. it's like a long travel XC race bike.

    Pretty happy with the build, came out to 24.3 LBS with pedals. (small frame) and yes I am running tubes.

    How do you find the 5.7 compared to the nomad carbon?

  2. #277
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    New to Pivot, not to carbon.

    This is my 4th carbon framed Mnt bike. Blur XC c, Blut LTc, Nomad c. this bike stands out the most as it is the stiffest out of the larger travel bikes that I have owned. I don't have the XC c any more but the Pivot reminds me of that bike. it's like a long travel XC race bike.

    Pretty happy with the build, came out to 24.3 LBS with pedals. (small frame) and yes I am running tubes.
    Awesome. Don't think anyone has asked but how did you go about covering most of the red accents on the frame? Haven't seen anyone do this before.

  3. #278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by theBug View Post
    ... how did you go about covering most of the red accents on the frame? Haven't seen anyone do this before.

  4. #279
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jimba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    610
    I didnt cover, I carefully removed, wet sanded and re-clear coated with flat clear.

  5. #280
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    5.7c sizing

    Hi! I'm planning to get a 5.7c and wondering what would be the correct frame size for me. My height is 175cm with 31.5cm inseam. Based on Pivot's website, I should fit in a small frame. Went to our lbs here and they suggested I'm in-between small and medium. They don't have a bike for me to demo thus I would like to get opinions.

    My current xc bike is a medium with toptube length of 589mm, 80mm stem and offset thomson post. As per Pivot's website, their medium size has 589 TT (same with my xc bike) but the recommended size as per their website which is a small size has a 574 TT length which makes me wonder if this would be a little cramp for me.

    Looking forward for your opinions on the sizing. Thanks!

  6. #281
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by dofnikon View Post
    Hi! I'm planning to get a 5.7c and wondering what would be the correct frame size for me. My height is 175cm with 31.5cm inseam. Based on Pivot's website, I should fit in a small frame. Went to our lbs here and they suggested I'm in-between small and medium. They don't have a bike for me to demo thus I would like to get opinions.

    My current xc bike is a medium with toptube length of 589mm, 80mm stem and offset thomson post. As per Pivot's website, their medium size has 589 TT (same with my xc bike) but the recommended size as per their website which is a small size has a 574 TT length which makes me wonder if this would be a little cramp for me.

    Looking forward for your opinions on the sizing. Thanks!
    I'm 182 cm and quite comfortable on a Large. Deffo a Medium sized frame for you.

  7. #282
    mtbr member
    Reputation: razorjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    100
    i'm 181cm and i have L frame.
    it's long and very similar for XC frames, I'm wondering if i should take M (for more enduro oriented riding).
    i have 75mm stem and i'm changing for Megaforce2 30mm

    do you protect somehow area near bottom bracket ?
    my chain dropped 2-3 times from granny ring and rubbed/damaged a little a frame (black matte coat)
    Last edited by razorjack; 06-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  8. #283
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by razorjack View Post
    do you protect somehow area near bottom bracket ?
    In the past I've used an adhesive strip of velcro on the top of a bottom bracket shell to protect a frame from chain drops. Not sure if it would work on a 5.7, but prior to going 1x10 I did this on my Mach 4.

  9. #284
    Slovakia (Europe)
    Reputation: PeterG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    427
    After first chain drop and slight damage of the rubber protective tape I've turned few zip-ties around bottom tube close to the BB area - see the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 5.7 CARBON-bb-area-chain-fall-protection.jpg  


  10. #285
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fakemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    If you are not running a chain guide, you could try a K-Edge chain catcher. I run one on my direct mount FD on my road bike after similar mishaps and haven't had a problem with frame damage since. They make all different sorts for mtn bikes as well

    K-Edge Chain Catchers

  11. #286
    mtbr member
    Reputation: razorjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    100
    is there any chain guide for this BB ?

  12. #287
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    289
    No per say, but there are a couple of options you can do.

    Bionicon make one, there's a thread about it here: Finally Found Easy Solution for my Mach 5.7 Chainguide Issues. It works!

    Or, for the ghetto version, which also works (I've done this on my bike, and it's bloody solid!): http://forums.mtbr.com/pivot-cycles/...st9346528.html

    Enjoy!

  13. #288
    mtbr member
    Reputation: razorjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    100
    i have already c-guide now i'm waiting for shadow+

  14. #289
    mtbr member
    Reputation: razorjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    100
    better to mount c-guide close to front rings? (on a tire height) or move a little back ?

  15. #290
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbnozpikr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,684
    I pulled the trigger on a large frame with blue accents today. It should be a fun build.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

  16. #291
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Not too much, 25 km only.
    Parts list:
    - 2007 Fox 32 Talas RLC 140 mm (alt. Pace RC 41 Fighter 150mm);
    - Hope ZS headset adapted for Cane Creek Solos tall spacer;
    - New Ultimate 90mm stem;
    - Enve riser bar 700mm;
    - Ergon GX1 grips;
    - 2012 Formula R1 frakes, Formula 2-pieces 180/180mm rotors.
    - Sram X.9 grip shifers adaped for old ESP 9.0 replaceable red grips;
    - Jagwire Ripcord L3 red cables;
    - XT front derrailleur for 3x9, Sram X.0 9 sp. medium cage rear;
    - KS i950R 31.9/380 dropper seatpost w/ remote CC Joplin;
    - Hope seatpost clamp bolt-on;
    - Fizik Gobi saddle (alt. Spec. Phenom SL);
    - THM Carbones Clavicula cranks w/ TA Specialites Chinok chainrings, 22/32/44, THM PressFit BB;
    - Look Carbon Ti pedals;
    - DT Swiss 240s disc hubs, NT Crest rims 32H, Sapim CX-ray spokes, NT yellow tape;
    - cassette Shimano XTR 11-34T;
    - Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.4" front, 2.25" rear, NT sealant;
    - Front DT Swiss RWS 9mm thru axle skewer;
    - Shimano Dura-Ace CN-7701 chain, 53 links (Sram PC-991 II CrossStep);
    - DIY Frameskin protection, DIY rear half-fender.

    PerterG,
    Could you share how you did the rear fender?
    Thanks!

  17. #292
    Slovakia (Europe)
    Reputation: PeterG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    427
    Idea is the same, like for my Ibis frame, you can see some useful pictures here and here. The only Pivot difference is that I used O-ring also for the lower mount - it was not possible to use zip ties like for Ibis, Pivot chainstays do not allow that).

  18. #293
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5
    Thanks!

  19. #294
    Slovakia (Europe)
    Reputation: PeterG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    427
    Actual detail pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 5.7 CARBON-pivot-mud-guard-upper-mount.jpg  

    Mach 5.7 CARBON-pivot-mud-guard-lower-mount-1.jpg  

    Mach 5.7 CARBON-pivot-mud-guard-lower-mount-2.jpg  


  20. #295
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rated R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30
    I personally think the graphics are a really sharp touch on this bike. I've always preferred Graphics and strIpes on muscle cars...

    A plain matte carbon bike is like an old primered camaro.

  21. #296
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DanoXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47
    I ride my Pivot rain,hail or shine. Just love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 5.7 CARBON-photo1654.jpg  

    Mach 5.7 CARBON-photo1650.jpg  


  22. #297
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbnozpikr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,684
    My frame shipped out today! I won't get it for almost three weeks as I'll be out of town on business but I guess it will be plenty of time to start getting parts all rounded up to build it.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

  23. #298
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    My frame shipped out today! I won't get it for almost three weeks as I'll be out of town on business but I guess it will be plenty of time to start getting parts all rounded up to build it.
    Lucky you! My friend and I have been accumulating parts waiting for the frames to come. Competitive cyclist says they won't be until after the 2nd week of August and I ordered over a week ago already.

  24. #299
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbnozpikr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    Lucky you! My friend and I have been accumulating parts waiting for the frames to come. Competitive cyclist says they won't be until after the 2nd week of August and I ordered over a week ago already.
    A week ago and you're already impatient!? I ordered mine in the beginning of June. The only real problem is I have been focused on other things (not bike parts) as I am starting off freshly graduated from college in a new area. I'll bet you and your friend will be riding yours before I am riding mine.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

  25. #300
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    A week ago and you're already impatient!?
    **** yeah! Waiting sucks! I demoed a 5.7a and it was just a ton of fun compared to my SC Blur LT. Pedaled very well over rough stuff too!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weight: Mach 4 vs Mach 5 ???
    By Rollin'in'Zona in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 02:53 PM
  2. Mach 5 vs Carbon Blur
    By WaState in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
  3. mach 5 chasing mach 5
    By supermoto in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:10 PM
  4. FSA K-Force Carbon 2x9 on Mach 4
    By lynd in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •