mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Mach 5.7 carbon 1x10

Getting me 5.7c shortly but while its being shipped I have been debating on how to go from a 3x10 set up to 1x10. So far I am going with a E13 chainring (blue) and an E13 top guide.
    No bash guard at this point which I am leary of. I wanted the straightline silent guide but with no tabs it wont fit. Basically nothing will fit with a bash guard. Might add a bash guard with longer bolts eventually but are there better options? Show me what ya got or give me ideas please.

I do what I want
    Ive seen a few people run the MRP 1X or E13 XCX guides with a bashguard, you just have to run the guide above the bashguard. It works best if you can run a bashguard for your ring size, for exmple - 32t ring with a 32t bashguard, instead or a 32t ring with a 32-36t bashguard, this could lead to the guide being too high and rubbing on the chain.

Gotta say Pivot really, I mean REALLY, dropped the ball by not putting tabs on the carbon 5.7. Maybe next year instead if investing in new carbon models or hardtails, they can clean up the current lineup by updating it with current much needed & important technology. Im sure the Pivot LES couldve waited another year while they updated the 5.7.
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

mtbr member
    I agree, should have ISCG tabs. I have been running XCX guide for 1x10 and it was good enough even at Whistler bike park - upper leverl on Blue Velvet and Freight Train. I have no bash and have never needed it, but I totally understand that non-Pacific NW riders might need a bash. E-13 has some good BB Bash optioins too.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshuanyc View Post
    Getting me 5.7c shortly but while its being shipped I have been debating on how to go from a 3x10 set up to 1x10. So far I am going with a E13 chainring (blue) and an E13 top guide.
    No bash guard at this point which I am leary of. I wanted the straightline silent guide but with no tabs it wont fit. Basically nothing will fit with a bash guard. Might add a bash guard with longer bolts eventually but are there better options? Show me what ya got or give me ideas please.
    I use a Blackspire Lite Super God bash guard. Look at the Blackspire Defender if you want something a little beefier.

mtbr member
    Def want a Chainguide. Way to go with the 1 x 10.
    Personally I can't wait for XX1 to show up. By then my 1 x10 should be pretty well smoked.
    hahah
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Specialized Dangler works a treat, a mate runs one on his 5.7