Thread: Mach 4 XS Size

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Mach 4 XS Size

Looking to get a new bike for my wife. Low standover is essential, as she is 5'2" ish with a fairly short inseam. We've been looking at Pivot Mach 4 or 5, Titus RX or ML, Turner Flux, etc...

Second requirements is a decent bike weight. She's coming off small SC Superlight, which, with it's current build, is not light.

It seems that the Mach 4 would be a good bike for her, but it also seems that the top tube is 3/4" to 1" longer than most other XS bikes.

Anyone out there with experience on one of these? How's the fit, handling, and weight for someone with a smaller build. What builds are you running, and at what weight? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pivotal figure
    Keep in mind that you can get the Mach 4 in XXS if you feel the need for a really short TT. Mach 5 goes down to XS but I'm not sure what is still available (unless you're looking at the new 5.7)...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My wife is 5'1" and she has the XS 2011 MACH 4 witch is a perfect fit, the XXS 4 was just too small of a frame for Her. The Mach 5 XS stand over was too tall.

She sold Her xxs Titus ML, I could never get full travel with the shock or fork and now with the Mach 4 designed with a rear shock for lighter riders the suspension is very active and able to use all the travel.

24.8 LBS XO/X9 Stans Crest wheels, Marta SL brakes.