mtbr member

M4X in the house!

and it is sweet. Pumps rails and flies like a hardtail only without the back ache I do need some help with the build however; the only problem I have is a slap happy drivetrain. I think its due to the sram x9 derailleur and maybe my chain is too long. This drivetrain is off another bike and needs to be replaced. I am going to use the bike also for trail, so no corncob cogstack please. Can anyone in the know suggest a good clutch derailleur (XT, ZEE or Saint?) short cage I assume, and cogset? I am thinking of going with a 36 T up front. Any shimano shifter will work? I am willing to pay a premium for weight savings even though the bike is weighing in at a svelte 28 lb. Any suggestions appreciated. So stoked on this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M4X in the house!-mcpump-9.12-03.jpg  

M4X in the house!-mcpump-9.12-25.jpg  

Pivotal figure
    I'm loving the Zee on my rig. 11-36t version with a 34t chainring (I got one of the lightweight RaceFace rings). Quiet and it shifts perfect every time. 36t is a bit taller than I liked for trail rides, climbing is a bit tough. I did put that ring back on for Temecula & Old Pueblo though. Running Shimano XT shifters &
    cranks as well....
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Thanks Kenny, great advice. Also the Lopes SL chainguide is a bit noisy. Any recommendation for v.2? Is the 11-36 10 speed?

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, any of the new clutch der's will require a 10 speed drivetrain. I'm running the MRP G2 guide on my M4X & Point. You've already seen how smooth & quiet those are....The Lopes should be almost the same guide as I recall, just forgoes the skid plate? Might need some fine tuning is all.

mtbr member
    Thanks and one LAST question; 165 crankarm length?

mtbr member
    How are those wheels holding up for what you are doing? Those aren't cheap wheels to replace

dog
    sit! stay!
    ... it is sweet for sure! is that the small or large?
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

Pivotal figure
    I'd go with 170 cranks..