mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Low profile seat for long days in the saddle

I'm riding a 429 and just added a telescoping seatpost. So far so good, except that the collar on the post prevents me from sliding it low enough into the seat tube so my seat sits about 1/2" higer than I am used to riding. I am riding a WTB Rocket which is a pretty thick seat with rails that extend pretty far below the surface of the seat. I am positive that I can find a lower profile seat that will more than compensate for the 1/2" in height, but I want something that will be good for long days on the bike. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    I'd like to know how the Silverado rides. Get one of those and report back! Chainlove had the titanium uber light ones for like $39 a while back and wish I had ordered up one. I pretty much always go with a PureV or a Vigo but they are both a little bigger saddle.

I think the SST is a little lower than the Rocket. They have them for $19 at blueskycycling.com so maybe worth a try?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I liked the devo, except it was kind of short. I just got a specialized henge sl which is kind of similar to the devo but longer. Silverado was too narrow for me but I would have gotten one if it had worked. I think WTB has a free demo program, I demoed the devo for free at my LBS.

mtbr member
    2011 Specialized Phenom Expert Saddle. Comes in 3 sizes from which to choose. Very low profile, very comfy even for 3+ hour rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Low profile seat for long days in the saddle-phenom-2011.jpg  

Low profile seat for long days in the saddle-photo0402.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Funny, I went to my LBS because I wanted to see them in person. I ended up walking out with a Phenom Expert which is just over 1/2" shorter from top to bottom than the Rocket. I took it out this morning and it's not as comfy as the Rocket but will definitely work.