Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

- Ryan S [sorry you had to wait so long! ]
    Oh man don't apologize, you keep doing the MTB gods work! TY TY TY!!!!

mtbr member
    Covers for the following folks are in the mail:

- Ryan S
    - Justin K
    - Bruce W
    - Brett W
    - Travis P

I've got covers to go out to Europe, Asia and Oz which I'm aiming to mail this weekend.

If you have already asked for a cover before today's date you'll get one.

I'm going to stop making 3D covers now. I think we've met the major demand for them and I would like to spend some time making up some aluminium CNC'd covers. Just too little free time to work on both.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member

That little Direct mount space...cover it up?

$15! They dropped the price. I guess they were listening

http://clvmerch.com/index.php?main_p...bhig9j4e3emhd1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Vik, this should be a victory for you! The Pivot guys were doing a demo in our area last week and I had them check out my bike. They loved my build and the Derby rims. Also gave me a free Pivot t-shirt which was cool. Funny thing is, the first thing he asked me is if I had a 3D printer. I laughed and told him the story about these covers as somewhat of a middle finger to the establishment/pay it forward campaign. He really liked the cover. If they keep dropping their price, they are going to put you out of business!

BTW, great guys as always on the Pivot tour. We addressed the cable rub and yoke creaking. They are definitely well aware of the cable rub and had me cross my cables above the shock to limit the bowing. Jury is still out on that. He filed down part of the yoke where the screw goes in to round the sharp edge and take off the paint. He felt those are the 2 main culprits to the creaking. Mine only does it under very heavy load. He asked what my torque was and I had already put it up to 24 N.m.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Vik, this should be a victory for you! The Pivot guys were doing a demo in our area last week and I had them check out my bike. They loved my build and the Derby rims. Also gave me a free Pivot t-shirt which was cool. Funny thing is, the first thing he asked me is if I had a 3D printer. I laughed and told him the story about these covers as somewhat of a middle finger to the establishment/pay it forward campaign. He really liked the cover. If they keep dropping their price, they are going to put you out of business!
    What you mean my whole retirement plan is in jeopardy???

Ibis is out of stock of covers at the moment, but they sell AL covers for $4.95. Might be able to score one at an Ibis dealer if you have one nearby.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Last update on the 3D printed plastic DM covers. All covers have been shipped and are in the mail. Sorry it took so long, but you should get your's soon if you are waiting on one still.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hello ppl!
    Few weeks ago i've get 1x10 transmission with 11-42 cassete and 32T NW chainring.

And then i've realized, that derailleurs place looks not so good at all!

Then i've found, that those covers are invented and selled for up to 35$!
    Today i get my own! Want to stamp whole "brandname", but due lack of space i have only Q letter!
    Made from steel. Heavy, but for free!

Now everything looks nice!
    Last edited by Dimon Hell; 08-03-2014 at 05:36 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Why are these simple things so elusive? Every local bike shop doesn't stock these and they tell me all the vendors have them on mega back order. Anyone have a simple black one they want to sell, or can make for me?

Thanks

Jason

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMac View Post
    Why are these simple things so elusive? Every local bike shop doesn't stock these and they tell me all the vendors have them on mega back order. Anyone have a simple black one they want to sell, or can make for me?

Thanks

Jason
    Every PIVOT dealer can order these from us... In fact, you can order one too if you live in the US. We have them in stock.
    Front Derailluer Face Plate - $15.00 : CLV Merchandise, Your Source for Pivot Cycles Gear
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    After a long wait I finally got my les frame in, the bolt will be the final touch...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hey all, really want one of these covers.. Now I can order one online from one of the overpriced retailers.. But would also happily send a bit of money to one of you guys who can print these up?
    In Australia so I know postage would be a bit, and happy to cover those costs too..
    Let me know if anyone can help out! Otherwise i'll jump online and order one
    Thanks
    Joel

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6