mtbr member

Just ordered my very first Pivot 5.7 alloy xt/xtr pro build from my LBS

My ride should be in early next week. I've been drooling over this bike for the past year to year and a half and finally got her coming my way. I'm coming off a old school 03 Sugar 4 Gary Fisher that has been heavily modified to stay up with the times. Its still a great bike but it will now be semi retired once the 5.7 is in the stable.
    My question for you guys is what do you all think of the stock xt/xtr pro build from pivot? Does anything needs changing out or will I be happy for a good period of time?
    This may sound silly but the maiden voyage on her will be on my first trail system that I rode way back in 98 on my old Barracuda. I think it would be some good mojo for me and my ride. Cant wait to start making new memories with the 5.7.
    Ill post pictures as soon I bring her home.
    Last edited by XRaptor; 04-26-2013 at 08:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hey, congrats on your first Pivot. I just recently picked up my first Pivot, a Mach 5.7 XT build and since then I've started building up a Firebird as well.

The XT/XTR build is a pretty darn good setup so there's no real reason to change anything out except for the personal items like grips, saddle, stem (if needed for proper fit) or maybe a dropper post. I'd just ride it and replace items as they break or wear out.

As far as XTR components go, they are about as good as they get performance wise. However, the only XTR component on that build is the rear derailleur. The rest is all XT and a few FSA parts (stem, post & bars) which are all excellent. I say ride it like you stole it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If the specced stem is still 90mm I'd swap it for something a little shorter. Apart from that I've changed tyres on my 5.7c. The XT/XTR spec is good.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah I cant wait for it to arrive. I know what to expect but at the same time I don't. I've never ridden the 5.7 but I did try out a buddies older Mach 5. Damn bike made my GF feel like a wally world store bought bike. I should be fine with a longer stem due to my abnormally long torso and my freakishly short legs. lol. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Got my pics. Coming from Canyon Lake down in Texas. Love the bike!
    Just ordered my very first Pivot 5.7 alloy xt/xtr pro build from my LBS-13-25.jpgJust ordered my very first Pivot 5.7 alloy xt/xtr pro build from my LBS-13-7.jpgJust ordered my very first Pivot 5.7 alloy xt/xtr pro build from my LBS-13-11.jpgJust ordered my very first Pivot 5.7 alloy xt/xtr pro build from my LBS-13-1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Funny I own almost the same bike. Same for the kids

mtbr member
    Pretty cool! My son LOVES his Strider too. Hes to the point where hes coasting a good 4-5 seconds at a time without touching the ground.