offroader
    Dec 2008

ISCG Adaper for press on BB where can I get one of these?

MTBR Member
    Doesn't appear to be for sale online yet. CSixx doesn't even have it listed on their website.

The USA distributor for CSixx is, One Ghost Industries/Candy Component Group. You can email them at, sales@oneghost.com.

offroader
    Dec 2008

offroader
    Dec 2008
    hmm by the looks of it I doubt the Blackspire Stinger would work....

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Doesn't appear to be for sale online yet. CSixx doesn't even have it listed on their website.

The USA distributor for CSixx is, One Ghost Industries/Candy Component Group. You can email them at, sales@oneghost.com.
    Ok thanks

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava View Post
    hmm by the looks of it I doubt the Blackspire Stinger would work....
    Not without that ISCG adapter. I've looked into options for my M5 -- didn't find any solid ones, so I'm running a shadow+ derailleur and bashguard 2x setup.

If you get your hands on that adapter, I would be interested to see how it works out.

MTBR Member
    You're not going to find a chainguide that is simply held in place by the pressfit BB cup, if that is what you're looking for.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    What do you guys think? Will this one work?

Clutch MTB Solutions

It's designed for Giant bikes shimano press fit system. You think they'll be problem using this?

edit: I sent them an email asking the same question.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I sent them an email this was their response:

"To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I looked at pictures of one and it seems like it will work just fine. One way to find out is to measure the outer diameter of your bottom bracket shell. If it measures at about 47mm it should work!

talk soon,
    IC"

After I go the email I measured the BB shell diameter of the Mach 5 and it was a hair over 1 3/4" which translated to about ~46mm (if my math is correct). So based on this I ordered the adapter from Clutch. I'll update this thread after my adapter arrives. Once I receive the adapter I'm planning on ordering a Blackspire Stinger ISCG 05 version once I verify the fit is correct.

mtbr member
    Good luck. I'm interested in hearing the results. I know the Pivot adapter works on single ring setups and some people have supposedly gotten it to work with dual ring setups with some modifications. I'm using a Bionicon C guide with a clutch X9 Type 2 rear derailleur and the combo works great. You do really have to let all the air out of the suspension and fully cycle it when setting chain length, especially on my Mach 5.7, but if you do that (and add the 3rd ziptie) you should have no issues.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 04-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    May 2005

After I go the email I measured the BB shell diameter of the Mach 5 and it was a hair over 1 3/4" which translated to about ~46mm (if my math is correct). So based on
    More like 44.45mm. Like to see the results.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Hmm I think you're right. I hope it fits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    BaeckerX1, what do you mean re: 3rd zip tie?

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    We make one that works on our alloy frames. Any PIVOT dealer can order this item. It has a US MSRP of $68. It is machined in our offices here in Tempe, AZ.

If you are international your pricing may vary due to shipping, duties, and currency exchange rates. The distributor in your area can order this item.

here is a link to a product review from Pink Bike.
    Pinkbike Product Picks - Pinkbike
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Why not just buy the pivot adapter? i have one and works great w/ a MRP 2X on my 429
    2012 Pivot Mach 429
    2010 Cervelo R3 SL

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuderino2412 View Post
    Why not just buy the pivot adapter? i have one and works great w/ a MRP 2X on my 429
    I thought about it, but it's $70 (plus tax? shipping?) Pivot charges $10 shipping even for a $11 chainstay protector. And Pivot version looks like it was machined in someone's garage. The Clutch MTB version is $45 shipped. Downside is it looks like I'll be the guinea pig.

mtbr member
    I thought about it, but it's $70 (plus tax? shipping?) Pivot charges $10 shipping even for a $11 chainstay protector. And Pivot version looks like it was machined in someone's garage. The Clutch MTB version is $45 shipped. Downside is it looks like I'll be the guinea pig.
    What i like about the pivot one is it fits against the seat tube, so it won't rotate if you hit something with your bashguard.
    I understand about the price thing though.
    2012 Pivot Mach 429
    2010 Cervelo R3 SL

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    What do you guys think? Will this one work?

Clutch MTB Solutions

It's designed for Giant bikes shimano press fit system. You think they'll be problem using this?

edit: I sent them an email asking the same question.
    We purchased a sample of the Clutch option, and it will not work on our frames. It is made specifically for Giant Alloy frames. I was hoping we could make it work on the Carbon frames, but even Clutch points out that they do not recommend to use it on a Carbon frame.

For Mach 5.7 Carbon frames, if you demand a chain tensioner, which I can't imagine why, now that we have Clutch RD's all over the place, but if you demand a chain tensioner, the best option we have found is made by Bionicon.
    Bionicon USA C-Guide Chainguide
    You may need to figure out a better way to attach it to your frame - some have used safety wire to keep it solid and tight.

Hope that helps.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I use the pivot iscg adapter with the mrp lopes guide and a xt shadow and it works extremely well

ISCG Adaper for press on BB where can I get one of these?-photo_4-6-.jpg

offroader
    Dec 2008
    I wanted to update this thread to confirm the Clutch ISCG adapter does not work on the Mach 5. I was a little bummed. I guess I will have to accept the inevitable and see about ordering the pivot version.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    A couple of days ago I installed my new Shimano SLX (m675) Shadow Plus 10 speed RD with clutch. I have to say the new system has stiffened up the chain action quite considerably. From what I have read I shouldn't have to worry about chain drops.

Super Outdoor Rep
    Apr 2009
    I just wish Pivot would get with the demand and start production of the adaptor. From my correspondence with them it seems they like to drag their feet.