TCB
    mtbr member

I'm back in the saddle again

New Pivot owner with a little story
    It all started in April of 09 I was at my usual after work dirt jump spot, I did a few runs down a local area called D2, the trail starts with a small banked turn to a small jump them a bigger jump to a downhill G-out then a step-up, on my third run I came into the G-out to the step-up too fast and had a mid-air collision with a tree, I put my hand up to protect my face and broke my Scaphoid,

To make a long story short, I had three operations, several pins and screws implanted in my wrist, three bone grafts; I now have a drawer full of Bone stimulators, slings, wrist braces and vitamin supplements.
    You can read more about the surgeries here http://dirttreaders.com/phpBB3/viewt...p=63109#p63109
    http://dirttreaders.com/phpBB3/viewt...p=68866#p68866

After a year and a half of unsuccessful surgeries and not being able to ride for over a year I finally received the good news that the bone has healed, I started PT and last week started riding, I should say started riding short smooth easy trails, if all goes well I hope to be back up to speed in two months.

With all the downtime from riding I decided to put together a new Bike, I bought a Pivot Firebird Frame from Eric at “Itsa Bike Shop”, with some of the old parts from my RFX and new parts such as a DHX RC4 with a Ti Spring, custom fit e-thirteen chainguide, I finally have the bike put together. If you have the opportunity check out “Itsa Bike Shop” one of the best bike shops in San Diego.
    I’ve had two rides on the new bike and so far it’s one of the best handling bikes I’ve owned, the last detail is a Cane Creek AngleSet headset, I should get that by next month.

One last thing, although the last year and a half has been a long frustrating journey with several surgical setbacks and financial problems, I still consider myself fortunate as there are others with much worst injures.
    "No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

mtbr member
    Beauty eh?
    "It looks flexy"

dog
    sit! stay!
    wow... glad you are back to riding... nice build, too!
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

Pivotal figure
    The Angle Set is pretty sweet on a 'Bird, as well as that RC4
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude