mtbr member

I rode a Pivot, and I like it...

Rode a pivot and Iím impressed. So I know all the background on Pivot and I always like what they represented, but I hadnít ever rode one other than my buddies old Mach 5, which was too small for me. It felt weird, and that is where it ended. I attended a Pivot Demo event and when the Mach 6 Large was out, I rode a Mach 5.7 (which I always thought would be a great bike and had heard nothing but praise about.) I had recently been checking out 27.5 bikes because after 2 years on 29, I realized it wasnít for me Ėand 27.5 felt much better and closer to what I was missing. So I take off on a large, carbon, Mach 5.7 and after the first 300yds feeling a little awkward, it came together and I realized this is the bike I have been looking for a LONG time. I loved it! Iím already a big fan of the DW link, but it was the plushest, yet most efficient pedaling suspension Iíve experienced. The bike felt very nimble and playful, yet not twitchy nor did it ever feel out of control. It was FAST going up and down. Basically all of the traits that you never find in one bike. I was sold! in fact, regardless of whether its popular, I think Iím going back to 26Ē

I then demoíd a Santa Cruz Bronson directly after and while I definitely liked the Bronson, it almost felt dull in comparison. Almost like a 29er feels to me after riding a 27.5. Donít get me wrong, The Bronson was nice, but the Pivot was on a different level. I know Iím in the minority with the tire size call here, but it felt right and I was enjoying the ride 110%...and thatís what itís really about. Problem is, this is the worst time for me to be buying a bike at that price point, itís just not in the budget at the momentÖI am though, on the lookout for a good used demo, as Its very likely that I will join the Pivot family soon Im sure the Mach 6 is amazing (I never did get to ride that one) but the 5.7 was so impressive to me that I donít need to look any further.ÖOh, If anyone has a large, carbon 5.7 they are looking to part with let me know!
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

Dual Squishy...
    Yeah, with all the 27.5 and 29er hooplah everywhere, I went with a 5.7c this year. Truly an amazing bike. I think is stands firmly in the middle of Pivot's line up. It may not get the press nor attention of the M6 and M429c, but it's right there with those two from a performance perspective.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Pivot was never on my radar screen, and then I heard about forthcoming Mach 4 Carbon. I'm interested in any feedback on their bikes...quality, workmanship, warranty, etc,....particularly those with carbon frames.

Dual Squishy...
    Simple itspd1, get one. I have owned and ridden a pile of bikes and my Pivot is tops above all. Specialized, Giant, Niner, Felt, Trek, Cannondale and others, all fantastic bikes, but my 5.7c is easily my favorite. Climbing, bombing, tight single track, East Coast craziness, the Pivot has been the best so far.

Performance, workmanship, is top notch. Why waiting until the Mach 4c?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I had the same experience with the Santa Cruz's, just felt a little dead to me. Thought I didn't want a 29er till I tried the 429c. Now I own one. Pretty sure I'd love the Mach 6 too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Where was the demo at? I have been trying to find a local shop with a M6 demo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    "Rode a pivot and Iím impressed. So I know all the background on Pivot and I always like what they represented, "

I'm thinking of jumping from my Yeti to a Pivot 429 Carbon, but what drew me to Yeti before was how the company interacted with their customer and what the company is about.

Above you say "so I know the background on Pivot and what they stand for...." - I'm really curious to learn both points if someone would please fill me in.

Thank you and greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi all, my first post.
    I just got a custom built mach 6 carbon after having my Rocky Mountain altitude carbon stolen, still needs some tweaking but an awesome machine

change is good
    Sep 2004

Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    "Rode a pivot and I’m impressed. So I know all the background on Pivot and I always like what they represented, "

I'm thinking of jumping from my Yeti to a Pivot 429 Carbon, but what drew me to Yeti before was how the company interacted with their customer and what the company is about.

Above you say "so I know the background on Pivot and what they stand for...." - I'm really curious to learn both points if someone would please fill me in.

Thank you and greatly appreciated.
    Stuff happens.
    1. Stuff happens infrequently with a good company.
    2. When stuff happens a good company will correct it. Action means more than words in a warranty clause which is subject to interpretation.

Pivot is a good company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yes, if you know the history behind Titus and Chris C. He has a passion for doing 110% on everything from conception to delivering the final product. This has continued with Pivot to an even greater extent. I lived in Phoenix when Titus was taking off and they were never too high & mighty to discuss in detail your needs and concerns from a customer standpoint. This has continued with Pivot. A close friend of mine said he dropped by unannounced, got a tour of the facility and royal treatment, for being just a "guy off the street" I hear nothing but positive regarding their customer service. I like that they use the DW link suspension and work close with Weagle and have (IMO) the best optimized the DW feel on their bikes.

mtbr member
    I bought a 5.7 6 months before the Mach6 came out & after demoing it I felt I made a solid choice getting the 5.7. To me both bikes felt almost the same. I love my 26in Pivot.

mtbr member
    Has the Mach 5.7 had any geometry changes in the last couple of years, or has it remained the same?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    I had the same experience with the Santa Cruz's, just felt a little dead to me. Thought I didn't want a 29er till I tried the 429c. Now I own one. Pretty sure I'd love the Mach 6 too.
    Yeah, I had a blast on a Mach 5.7c demo....talked a buddy into buying one.
    Big wheels really are a little better overall in my terrain, but the 5.7c was easily the best 26" trail bike I've ridden....climbing, carving, jumping machine.

Dual Squishy...
    Not sure about the Al version of the 5.7, but the Carbon 5.7 was introduced in 2012, and to my knowledge, the only thing that has changed is the shock offered. Frame has been the same for 2012, 2013, & 2014...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi , who can comment something about the Mach 5.7c with 27.5 wheels, fork etc ? I have searched info of this bike but I have not found much and say that was pretty sold.

Long Live the Gorn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-G View Post
    Hi , who can comment something about the Mach 5.7c with 27.5 wheels, fork etc ? I have searched info of this bike but I have not found much and say that was pretty sold.
    Mach 5.7 27.5

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thank you bvader,

My question concerns have not seen reviews of this configuration. It has been many months that went on the market, the Mach 27.5 5.7c seems to be selling well.I am very interested in trying a 27.5, but is still long time for the Mach 4c is in store, hence my interest in the Mach 27.5 5.7c