mtbr member
    May 2008

I finally got my mach 5.7 carbon....what an awesome bike....a few questions though

Guys Im trying to dial in my suspension on my 5.7. Curious if anyone is in the 200lb range and on a large frame what settings(fr/rr PSI and rebound) you have found you like. Im struggling with my rebound adjustment and a correct sag that works for me. I put 17 miles on it tonight and I loved it. I do have a small brake issue Im trying to figure out but besides that Im so pumped about how fun this bike is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is from AL 5.7 but my old pump says bit over 155psi for my 190lbs.

I wouldn't count on that number only, you'll probably need add spacers to shock air chamber to get you some support in the middle and end stroke. Depending on your shock you can use the Fox kit with 3 different spacers or you may be able use RS rubber bands or similar filling under the additional air chamber.
    All this presuming that the shock is fully OK, the 5.7 requires a lot from the rebound and compression circuits on the shock.

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    I'm well over the 200lb mark. I run my fork at 110psi and shock at 280psi. I have pro pedal on setting 2 and run the rebound about 3/4 of the way to fully closed (fastest option) on both the fork and shock. So far it's working for me

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_PA View Post
    I'm well over the 200lb mark. I run my fork at 110psi and shock at 280psi. I have pro pedal on setting 2 and run the rebound about 3/4 of the way to fully closed (fastest option) on both the fork and shock. So far it's working for me
    well over as in 210 or 290? Im 205 with gear on. I set it to 98lbs in front and 155lbs in the rear. Im going to see how it peforms today in Brown county.

Pivotal figure
    Do you have the suspension setup sheet that came with the bike? We recommend running 30% sag on the shock (with your full riding gear). I don't worry too much with exact pressure settings, just the 30% sag. I have found it to be pretty easy to get the rear suspension setup but a bit more difficult to get the fork to match. Might just be me but the fork always seems to take more time and when the 2 suspension elements aren't balanced the bike will feel wrong. One way to track how the suspension is performing is to periodically reset the o-ring and see how much travel you're actually using thru a section. You should be able to use all the travel during a decent size hit but not blow thru the travel and bottom out hard.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm running around 90 front 170 back for around 220lbs. That's with ctd fork and rp23 shock.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    30 miles so far on this bike, and love it. Not much of a complaint on it. I have the suspension almost dialed in now.

I cant see how you could improve on this bike. How would a 27.5 improve this bike? Climb better??

PA Biker
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
    well over as in 210 or 290? Im 205 with gear on. I set it to 98lbs in front and 155lbs in the rear. Im going to see how it peforms today in Brown county.
    295lbs. I also had a typo in my post. I meant to say 3/4 of the way to fully open meaning the fastest setting on the fork and shock.