mtbr member
    Apr 2010

how to 1x9/1x10 on 429

just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to run a chain jump stopper on a 429,...or have any company products to they have tryed,...looking for lighter stuff also...thanks,..

I do what I want
    I believe your only option would be too the Pivot ISCG adapter that they developed for their line of bikes with press in BB, then you could use one of the guides from e13 or MRP.

Edit: Well after checking, l guess the e13 and MRP 1x guides wont work with the Pivot ISCG adapter, the guide only come in a BB mount. So you would need to use another type of guide which e13 and MRP both have great selection of.
    Last edited by Guy.Ford; 01-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    1x9 on Mach 4/5?

MRP or e13 is supposed to have a chain guide available soon that will bolt to the derailleur mount.

mtbr member
    I would just use lots of duct tape.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I just used a long bolt with a domed head on it in the front/upper bolt hole in the frame. Used a couple spacers and washers to get it far enough out and used pretty big washer right up next to the chain ring and bent the top of the washer over the chain/ chain ring. I had these washers and bolts around the house. I could have made a nicer one but this one has been working great.

Here is my post about it. I have since bent the top of the washer more over the chain.

Inner chain watcher to replace front der on 429?

mtbr member
    I use an inner and outer bashguard and have never dropped a chain. The inner bashguard replaces the small ring and is made of very thin aluminum. I typically need to bend the edges toward the chain to clear the stays that I wrap in an old tube. I think I posted the results up here a while back....

http://www.bbgbashguard.com/Mountainbike.html
    Pivot Mach429