Dual Squishy...

Head spinning...

So, been back and forth about a 5.7c and a Mojo HD. Got an odd sizing question...

I ride a 2007 Specialized Enduro in size L (not as slack as the current model of Enduro). Fits great, but I feel very high up on the bike. I also ride a 2011 Specialized Epic in size M. Also fits great. 5'9" with 30"-31" inseam. Go with a medium?

Got piles of other questions, but I'll start with this one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Get a medium. Don't buy anything until you demo the Mach 6.

Dual Squishy...
    I wish, but there are no Pivot dealers anywhere near me. Found a sick deal on a 5.7c, plus could transfer over my Saints and I9s on a frameset.

mtbr member

Head spinning...

I have both bikes. Very different ride characteristics particularly as I have them built up differently to create some separation. I like them both a lot. I have arch wheels and a revelation 150 on the 5.7c. If it were my only bike I would put a 150 Pike or 34 on there and ii23 rims and 2.3 or 2.35 tires. My HD has i23s and a Deville fork. 5.7c is much lighter. I'm also contemplating a new rear shock for the 5.7c. I'm not a fan of the fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual Squishy...
    Yeah, the Pike 150 would go on it for sure.

I ride East coast stuff, lots of roots, rocks, etc... Not a lot of super dry terrain like out West. When you say different riding characteristics, in what way?

Looking for something that climbs better than the FSR suspensions I have, while still providing the travel of the 5.7c/Mojo HD.

mtbr member

Head spinning...

I'm in northern jersey and ride ringwood, wawayanda, jungle, blue mtn etc. 5.7c has a little more platform and feels a little less plush. You have to pick your lines more but that's partly attributable to the smaller wheels, tires and fork. The HD is much more point a d shoot. Like I said with a pike or 34 I think it would be closer to the HD in most aspects. If you want to do drops to flat, go to mtn creek etc for some added fun get the HD. If you want a very capable light weight trail bike get the 5.7c with a pike or 34.

Dual Squishy...
    Yeah, I think the lightweight trail bike is what I am looking for. The Enduro has been somewhat point and shoot with it's super stiff e150 fork and 6" of travel, but it isn't a great climber at all and it's heavy in all the wrong places. No drops to flat, but definitely drops to transition and rock garden/roots akimbo...

mtbr member

Head spinning...

Yes FSR bikes can feel a bit "wallowy" on our short steep climbs. The best fsr style suspension I've ridden is Knolly 4x4. Somehow it remains active and doesn't sink into its travel on the tetchy climbs. An Endorphin would be great for the North East as would a Turner 5 Spot.

Dual Squishy...
    Ha, my LBS is throwing the Stumpy EVO at me. Great bike, but from I have read, the DW Link is a better climber. Getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 5.7c.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Having ridden both, I'd go with a Mach6 over a 5.7 unless the deal is very good. There's really no reason not to

mtbr member
    I have both an HD and Enduro 29. HD/DW wins hands down suspension wise over the FSR. As for the HD vs the 5.7. the HD gives you more options in setup. 5.7 is more on the trail bike end of the spectrum where the HD can go from a 180 fork/bike park crusher to a 130 travel trail machine. The 5.7 has a firmer ride due to more anti squat built into it's version of DW. Personally I would probably my order choice would be Mach6>HD>5.7

Dual Squishy...
    Over a thousand off the frame price makes it hard to resist!

May pull the trigger of the 5.7c to replace my Enduro. Maybe the Trance 29er will replace my Epic...

Dual Squishy...
    5.7c Frame enroute...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fontarin View Post
    Having ridden both, I'd go with a Mach6 over a 5.7 unless the deal is very good. There's really no reason not to
    That would be nice if we all had the money to buy a $2800 frame.....The 5.7c will be just fine.