mtbr member

Has anybody measured the Head Angle on their Mach 5?

I finally got a Wixey digital angle gauge and measured the head tube on my Mach 5. I have a RS Revelation fork with an A2C of 529.

Pivot bikes come with a 140 mm Fox fork, which has an A2C of 521, so I cranked my Revelation down to approx. 132 mm to get a comparable measurement.

I had been using my iPhone with the clinometer app, but figured that it was probably not that accurrate. Believe it or not, my new Wixey digital gauge comes up within 1 degree of my iPhone:

I measured it on the fork stanchion. I also put it on the badge on the head tube and came up with basically the same.

All of the literature that I see says that the head angle is 69.0. 1.5 degrees is a pretty big difference.

Any ideas why I am getting such a different measurement?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Measuring on a flat surface? Smaller back tire?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible
    Measuring on a flat surface? Smaller back tire?
    Perfectly flat surface - plus I zero out the gngle gauge against the floor before I measure. Tires are exactly the same.

I have used the digital gauge to measure other surfaces surfaces (countertops, etc.) and it seems to be spot on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bauhaus
    Pivot bikes come with a 140 mm Fox fork, which has an A2C of 521
    You probably figured this out already but the Fox 140mm forks have a A2C of 510.9, I am also considering putting a RS Rev 150 on my Mach 5 and was trying to do the math when I came across your thread. That should explain approximately .5 degrees of your variance. On paper I the Mach 5 should have about a 68 degree HA with a Rev 150 on it.