Thread: Frame stickers

mtbr member

Frame stickers

Has anyone tried putting decals on Pivots anodized frames? I just got some name decals from BikeNames | Bicycle Mountain Bike Decals Stickers | Custom Personalized Bike Lettering | Road Bike Cycling Decal Sticker and they will not adhere. But they will adhere to my sons bike which is powder coated, so I don't think its the decal. I already contacted the decal retailer and they offered me a refund and also said they've had other customers able to put their decals on anodized frames. The decal is definately good quality, the company came highly reccommended

Just wonder if anyone else has had their name put on their bike via decal and if they had any issues?

Thanks!!

Pivotal figure
    The anodizing is pretty slippery plus the frames are bead blasted which gives them a dimpled texture. All that adds up to a surface that is pretty tough for decals to adhere to, especially the style you have. A big decal would have a better chance but they still tend to peal up at the edges if it has narrow points. You can try using rubbing alcohol before applying just to be sure there isn't anything on the frame. I had decent luck with stickers on my ano. frame but the decal I had was rectangular shaped.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Gangreen
    Aug 2008
    Maybe you could try putting down a clear 3M sticker as a "base", then put your custom stickers on top? Do-It-Yourself XPEL Doorsill guards. I haven't tried using this film on anodized, but have had great luck on powder coated