mtbr member
    Jun 2008

frame protector on ano bike?

Hi guy's,

I have a brand new mach 4 sitting at home looking sexy at me
    I'll post some pics soon.

Just wondering if it's worth putting frame protector on the bits where the cables rub?

Thanks

Fat & Single
    Yes , i did on my Ano Black where all the cables would and will rub.
    Dont know about the M4 but on the 429 all looks good while sitting there but when you sit on it and the rear suspension action starts working the cables constantly rub on the top tube.
    Put some where your bike rack touches the frame as clamping onto a dirty bike will definately remove ano.
    I put a strip 40mm wide from 3/4 the way up the underside of the down tube to right under the BB just to stop small stone nicks, a big stone will just dent hydroformed alu but thats a different story.

Ano is alot tougher than paint but for a few $ off eBay you can protect the frame from most unwanted marks
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Fat & Single
    BTW i bought a 1m x 50mm wide strip of 3M type heli tape off ebay for around $10, this guys stuff is thicker than others i have tried.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Helicopter-Bi...item3a53e83d5e
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

the train keeps rollin
    is this a trick question? of course you'd want to protect your frame against cable rub.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx
    this guys stuff is thicker than others i have tried.
    That's what she said

I'm Slow
    I'm thinking about buying an iPad protector sheet for $30 and just cutting that up. Does anyone think this will work?

too late to die young now
    ISC Helicopter Tape - accept no substitutes! This stuff is the best for abrasion and cable rub, long lasting ... get the 8mil outdoor grade. I use the 2 inch wide/12 foot purchased from here:
    http://www.findtape.com/shop/product...920&height=955
    \sigma_T\sigma_x \geq \tfrac{\hbar}{2m} \left|\left\langle p_x\right\rangle\right|.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    @snowdrifter the reason I ask is because I thought the ano might be tough enough to stop the rub hurting the frame.

mtbr member
    Sure, it will work. The Zagg stuff is relatively thick, and can be cut to look pretty clean with a straight edge and exacto knife.

Perhaps cheaper and just as effective is the same stuff (just thinner) for the front of cars. Search "3M protection" or "ventureshield" (the two main brands) on eBay, and you can get a 12 x 24" sheet for about $18 or so, less-per-foot if you buy more.

Good luck! Covering the frame in all the right areas can be a little tedious, though you'll thank yourself a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrb02
    I'm thinking about buying an iPad protector sheet for $30 and just cutting that up. Does anyone think this will work?
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    the ano is not tough enough. I had no protection for the first year on mine and it took a good bit off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Shelter Impact frame protection. looks promising..
    http://bikereviews.com/2010/12/shelt...otection-tape/