mtbr member

Fork recommendations for a 2010 Mach5

Hey guys, need ur views. Will be getting a small 2010 Mach5. Which forks will u get?
    They cost ard the same price, so im still unsure.

1) 2011 Fox 32 float rlc 150mm
    2) 2011 DT Swiss exm Launch control II 150mm
    3) Xfusion vengeance Hlr 160mm

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Get a Rockshox Revelation RLT TI dual air.

Bike Addiction
    Not positive but the 160mm maybe a bit too much for the Mach 5. I think the bike is designed for 120 or 140mm forks.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I think you can space the vengence down to 130 though. But why not get the velvet at 130 then and save some weight.

mtbr member
    not too sure about going 130.. kinda short. i maxed out my 120mm here in my local trails on my mach4. yeah i know 160 is abit too much. its heavier too. i think the vengeance will go well with the mach5.7. im checking out the rs though..

mtbr member
    I run a 2010 Float 150mm fork on my Mach 5 and it's a nice fork. Not as stiff as a 36 obviously but I only notice it when I swap between the M5 and the FB. The steering does feel a little slow but I've just lowered the stem 6mm and it feels a lot better. I'm considering a RS Revelation for my next bike, which should be a M5.7.

mtbr member
    I used a 32 TALAS from another bike of mine on my small Mach 5 and honestly wish it was the Float. I never use the travel adjust and would take the weight savings.

If I was replacing the fork on my Mach 5 right now (which I'm not), it would be with 150 Float, FWIW.

mtbr member
    After much thoughts, I went for a 2011 fox 150 rlc. Now another thing. The fox shox I got is a rp 23 high volume. It's the non boostvalve version. This comes with older 2010 Mach 5 am I right? Any difference with boost valve and without?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

1.5" vs 1-1/8" steering tube effects on Fork

Hello Everyone! I just purchased a 2010 Mach 5 and I'm debating on which fork to install. This link references a Fox RLC 150mm as being a good fit, but does not mention the steering tube size? If I use a 1-1/8" steering tube, the entire assembly is lower due to the zero stack headset; if I use a 1.5" steerer, it requires a convensional 1.5" lower headset cup which raises the frame 10-12 mm. What effect will this have? By the way, my used frame came with the newer Boost Valve Shock w/Kashima Coating, the bike shop said Pivot sold them the older frame as a close-out with the newer shock. I need help to get this built and get it over to Montana de Oro!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I just finished building this up and made a few changes. 2010 Mach 5 with a Pushed customed tuned float rp23 size 7.5 x 2.5 and a 32 float 150 rlc tapered. I used cane creek 40 series external bottom cup to fit the tapered steerer. The shorter rear shock dropped the bottom bracket a little and the 150 rlc definitely made it slacker. I do like the ride and its very plush. Corners and rails really well. With this said, I am planning on dropping the front fork down to 140mm just to see how it will corner and climb. The stock orginal set up with a 150 rlc felt tippy at first. I've only been on this bike for a couple of months now and came off a Titus El Guapo. The pivot and dw link is definitely the way to go. The guapo at everything up on technical decents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fork recommendations for a 2010 Mach5-pivotmach5.jpg