Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Float 180 - what pressure are you running? Compression?

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  gticlay 
#1 ·
What is your setup on the FIrebird with a Float 180? I'm 225 and down to 70psi right now. They recommend 100psi. If I go up to 100psi and everything set to stock settings in the manual I am only using 150mm of travel.

#7 ·
i think mine is finally broken in enough to start finally dialing in... when i first set it up i had hsc like at 20 and the air pressure at 65 ... i was using all my travel (riding weight = 160 lbs)...i even called Fox to see if that seemed right... finally just few rides ago my travel usage began to decline and i released air... now i am down to 55 lbs and it seems like i'll probably settle in the low 50's... i'll monkey with hsc and lsc a little first, though...

anyway, that whole thing with the pressure seemed odd... would that have been caused by sticky vavles starting to loosen up or something?...:confused:

#10 ·
Should have my 2012 float 180 by the end of may.

I'm pumped to be stoked with additional AMP
Also from what I've heard the 2012 has better seals for even less stiction.

#12 ·
So I got really frustrated with my fork, pulled all the fluids out of it... there was about 10x too much fluid on top of the air piston. 40-50 instead of only 5. I wonder how that got in there since I've never cracked the top open before. Maybe a leaky air piston seal? I've never had the air go down....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.