mtbr member

Firebird Love Thread.......!!!

I've been tempted by all the new carbon frames hitting the shop floors and the Mach 6 was hard to walk away from. But every time I throw a leg over my FB I'm reminded why this bike is so darn good. Here it sits at just over 30lbs with the 650b conversion and 1x drive train. Rock solid build and performs like a champ. Lets see your updated , new or good ole 26" FBs

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Firebird Love Thread.......!!!

FIREBIRD! Love my firebird, it's just an effing extraordinary bike.

Mine is still going strong after 800 mi of hard riding and drops.

Latest updates are a KS lev (my kronolog died) and haven carbon wheels. Those wheels can be had for cheeeeap in 26" at the end of the season.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Unless it does kill you, in which case, you wouldn't be here to dispute the point.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    love the firebird, but pivot's recent strong support on short travel/big wheel bikes is really leaving me discouraged and not hang on for the FirebirdC.
    It wont be long before I move away from my Alu 5.7 and head over to mojo, where I can at least fit a CCDB shock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I loved my Firebird, but I love my M6 more. I don't feel like I lost anything on the down hill and gained so much on the uphill. That said, I would buy a Firebird again. It's a sweet ride, just a bit heavy.

Proud Thunderchicken ownr

Deep Firebird Love

My Mach Chicken is old but still flying (ish).
    Frame needs to be replaced soon, but the Mach6 just doesn't do it for me. Looking into a full new Firebird and get an XFusion Metric for up front. Gotta keep that 180mm travel that I'm used to with my Totem.

Firebird Love Thread.......!!!-p1020868_zpsf5f25255.jpg

My wife 'sending' it on her Firebird (yes, we are matching bike people)

Firebird Love Thread.......!!!-p1000528_zps786d05cc.jpg
    Common sense is not so common - Voltaire
    Never underestimate your own ignorance - Me

dog
    sit! stay!
    i already posted mine a few threads below... it's a video, but it's only like 30 seconds...
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    I recently built up a used Firebird frame to replace 2 aging bikes. For shuttles/resorts I had been riding an Iron Horse 7point since 2007 with about the same travel and similar feeling geometry but it was a pig, so the Firebird feels super light to me. Feels really stiff with the conversion axle I used since mine is pre through axle. I felt right at home as soon as I got on it after riding a DW Link frame for the last 7 years. Its light enough that I enjoy climbing on it but feels stout enough for resort riding.

Proud Thunderchicken ownr
    Just changed out the bearings in the DW. Got rid of 2 annoying clicks. 1 more to go.
    Went on a celebratory 42k pedal on Saturday followed by a 22k photo adventure pedal on Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firebird Love Thread.......!!!-10351254_10202379001852680_5375278611426820822_n.jpg  

Common sense is not so common - Voltaire
    Never underestimate your own ignorance - Me

mtbr member
    Got this bike about 2 years ago after recovering from a surgery. It was the first high end mountainbike I ever owned. It motivates me to ride because it is such a fun bike and I cant wait to get on it. My riding has improved a lot ,and still is, since getting this awesome ride. Love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firebird Love Thread.......!!!-20140620_120120.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Here's my 26" Firebird. Who needs those silly 27.5 wheels? Probably 2000 miles on her. I'll send the shock in for a rebuild this winter and will try to get a deal on a 26" Pike. Should get her down to under 29 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Loving my Firebird, Best pedalling DH bike you could ever want or need! I keep this in my stable for the days when I want more suspension, but still need to pedal.

The bike just keeps on giving!

Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/