Rider and Wrench

Direct Mount 9spd Front der/cranks with 10spd Chain?

I just ordered a set of XTR 10 speed shifters, Rear Derailleur, Chain and an XT 11-36T Cassette- I will run this with my current XTR 970 cranks and Front Der and should have no issue from what the sticky on shimano 10 speed in the drivetrain forum indicates...

A bit of a catch the bike is a pivot 429 with a direct mount XTR Front Der, I noticed at least one post that had some initial issues with the 9 spd front der/cranks and needed to move the FD up a bit to get the front shifting to work at all- I hope I can make it work without it as it is a bit tough on a direct mount FD!!!

Long story short-

Has anyone else who actually went the 10 speed route with just the rear cass, rear der, chain and shifters matched with 9spd FD and Crankset had any luck on a pivot direct mount?
    Thanks
    I Just wish I could ride more!

Rider and Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by knottshore
    I just ordered a set of XTR 10 speed shifters, Rear Derailleur, Chain and an XT 11-36T Cassette- I will run this with my current XTR 970 cranks and Front Der and should have no issue from what the sticky on shimano 10 speed in the drivetrain forum indicates...

A bit of a catch the bike is a pivot 429 with a direct mount XTR Front Der, I noticed at least one post that had some initial issues with the 9 spd front der/cranks and needed to move the FD up a bit to get the front shifting to work at all- I hope I can make it work without it as it is a bit tough on a direct mount FD!!!

Long story short-

Has anyone else who actually went the 10 speed route with just the rear cass, rear der, chain and shifters matched with 9spd FD and Crankset had any luck on a pivot direct mount?
    Thanks
    Well no shifting issues with the 10 spd RD/chain/shifters and 9spd fd/crankset- case closed.
    I Just wish I could ride more!