mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Cane Creek Double Barrel air on a M.57?

Hi

Been wondering for a while if it was possible to fit the new upcoming Cane Creek Double Barrel Air onto a Small size M5.7? Been using this bike for a while, and one of my main gripes with what could have been a perfect rig was the RP23 that came stock with it. The damn shock seems to blow through its mid travel too easily, and attempts to firm it slightly renders it losing its small bump compliance.

Hence, given that i would also be changing the stock 140 float to a Lyrik sometime at the end of this year, i figured that if it was possible i might as well get a CCDB Air as the same time which may get me a better discount from the LBS

If its possible, what are the shock specs that i need to look out for?
    For example eye to eye length, shock stroke and any specific tuning as well?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    If I were you, I'd talk with PUSH about their Monarch custom tuned to you and your bike. I had some of the same issues with the rp23 on my firebird. I went to the Monarch and fell in love with my bike all over again. My guess is that your a bigger guy. The custom tuning will take that into account.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

Black Lion
    A push'd tuned Monarch RT-AM is what you should strongly look into
    Last edited by yogreg; 10-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ghisallowheels and yogreg...I had my Fox Float Pushed on my FB and it feels great. I have been thinking of doing the rear shock as well. Can you tell me in what ways the Pushed Monarch is better than the stock Fox Rp23?

Thanks

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by jason300b View Post
    Ghisallowheels and yogreg...I had my Fox Float Pushed on my FB and it feels great. I have been thinking of doing the rear shock as well. Can you tell me in what ways the Pushed Monarch is better than the stock Fox Rp23?

Thanks
    Couple of points:

Stock for stock the Monarch is a superior unit than the Fox RP3. Having a Monarch custom tuned (push'd) brings this shock to another level.

A cheaper alternative is to get your RP3 custom tuned (push'd), it will out perform a stock RP3 in every way.

A Push'd Monarch will out perform a Push'd RP3,
    The Monarch offers a more refined spring curve as well as larger oil capacity and piston area. Because of this you can run lower pressures and the damper is more tuneable. The Monarch also utilizes a new Solo Air system that has a transfer port that automatically sets the negative pressure to exactly balance it with the positive pressure that you put in.

Hope this helps a bit
    Greg
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the info.