mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Can 5.7 be ordered with 34 fork from Pivot or can we order a 150 34 fork from Pivot?

Can one oder the 34 OEM fork from Pivot (thorugh delaer )? I'm hearing from Yetti guys that 2013 34 fox forks can not be adjusted to 150 travel without replacing the cartrige (Change from 2012). Fox also did a weird thing with color and one can not order float in balck.

So if we want a black float 34 fork at 150 - manufacturer is the only way to go? Where else can one get OEM forks?

It seems to be Fox float (not Talas) is the only one with appropriate A2C measurement. Every competitor seems higher...which does not work with frame geometry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I was not able to get a Float 34 directly from Pivot. The dealer did the change and just charged the cost difference of the 34 fork. 34 Floats can be adjusted to 150mm by changing a spacer inside, Talas requires the change of the cartridge (I believe $75).

My float is white and I like how it looks with the anodized blue frame.

I think going 34 is totally worth it. I have only tried 150mm so I can't comment how much not reducing travel will affect handling.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    You must have 2012 fork from fox. Yeti SB66 is in the same situation - needs 150 fork so Yeti sources them directly from FOx. Here is the reply from their Sales manager:

Originally Posted by smithrider
    "Fox puts a spacer in the left leg below the air spring per Yeti specs that reduces the travel of the 34 fork to 150mm. This is something that can easily be removed to make the fork 160mm if you so choose."
    Originally Posted by smellurfingers
    A 34 or 36 160mm shipped from from Yeti will be shimmed to 150. If you buy it from Fox it will be 160mm.

Hey guys-

This is incorrect, actually. For 2013, Fox changed the design of their air spring, so it can no longer be changed by adding/removing spacers. Now, you have to buy a new air spring assembly if you'd like to change travel. We were bummed to learn of this change, but Fox assures us that the new design creates an even more reliable and dialed-in air spring."

So I was wondering if Pivot is able to do the same for their customers and Get OEM black floats from Fox set at 150.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Also pisses me off Fox doesn't offer the Float in black. Yeah, sure they have a ton of models but plenty of people don't want a white fork and don't want the Talas. Frustrating so you have to go looking for OEM take offs in black.

...and going a step further is there a way to lower the 34 to 140?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Hope

Long time rider first time poster. I am currently awaiting the completion of my 2013 green and after many hours of reading I decided to upgrade the fork to the 34. It came directly from the distributor with the build kit. After reading this post I was surprised and pleased to see that the fork was black. My LBS mechanic said that the black is exclusive to yeti and pivot. They are dropping it and waiting for bits from fox. Ground still frozen here in the great white north but can't wait to start on the trails again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Matt, I just ordered a mach 5.7 carbon with a 34 float. My LBS just made me pay the difference from the 32 it comes with the only thing was they were not sure if the 34 float would come in white or black. My understanding was only the OEM 32 came in black and all else would be white. Dont care either way. And I agree it is still all frozen in the great white north, But you can still get out and ride, on some of the warmer days we have been getting here in Ontario.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Well I was surprised to see the black but happy. My wife and I jinxed things yesterday. I talking about riding on the new bike (still riding my hard tail) and wondering when I should change the winter tires. Woke up to 10 cm of snow with more to come and -16 for the next few days. Argh!