mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Bought my first Pivot

I've been kind of 'away' from the forums for a while and haven't ridden much the last few years but now I'm back and I just bought a Pivot Mach 5.7. What better way to get back into the swing of things than to buy a new bike!

My local Pivot shop had a demo 5.7 with hardly any use on it for a great price so I couldn't pass it up. It has an XT 2x10 drivetrain, SLX brakes, Fox 32 Float fork, RP23 Kashima rear shock, DT 350 hubs/430 rims, WTB saddle, FSA SL-K bars & 90mm stem. I'm replacing the fork with a Fox 34 Float CTD, the wheels will be upgraded soon to Hope Pro2 Evo hubs / Flow EX rims and I also added a KS Lev dropper post. Since everything is still practically brand new I'll be able to get decent money for the fork and wheels and come out way ahead vs buying a frame and doing my own build.

I'm coming off a Ventana El Ciclon that I've had since the end of 2007 (2008 model with 140mm travel) and it's been great but I'm hoping that the Mach 5.7 with DW link is the ticket. I'm in NH and I ride a lot of rocky, rooty, technical trails with lots of ups and downs. I thought long and hard about the Mach 5.7 vs the Firebird and ultimately came to the conclusion that the 5.7 would be a better fit for most of my riding. Who knows, maybe I'll be kicking myself for not getting the Firebird a few months from now but I'm psyched to pick up my 5.7 either tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to get out for my first ride on it!

JP

mtbr member

Bought my first Pivot

Good deal on the demo. Post a pic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks. I just got back from picking it up at the shop.Here are some pics.