featherweight clydesdale

Blue derailleur hanger

My 429 blue and white frame came with a blue hanger (and the lunchbox kit). I bought an extra hanger, presumably the leftover from the kit. The hanger is broken, the back up broken and I'm told I can't get another blue hanger without buying a lunchbox.

Why is it so difficult for the LBS to get (or for Pivot to provide?) the hanger I want? I know a black hanger works fine, but the whole bike is blue and white and I'm just trying to stick to the color scheme.
    Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club
    www.cambc.org

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattirewilly
    My 429 blue and white frame came with a blue hanger (and the lunchbox kit). I bought an extra hanger, presumably the leftover from the kit. The hanger is broken, the back up broken and I'm told I can't get another blue hanger without buying a lunchbox.

Why is it so difficult for the LBS to get (or for Pivot to provide?) the hanger I want? I know a black hanger works fine, but the whole bike is blue and white and I'm just trying to stick to the color scheme.
    First and foremost, thanks for buying a Pivot! And thanks for buying the lunch box kit.

Sorry to hear you broke a hanger, let a lone two. We sell very few replacement hangers compared to the number of frames we sell, so it's always a surprise when we hear of them breaking.

When we decided to offer these kits, our intention was to deliver a cool product that people would want to buy and customize their bikes with, just like you have done. We decided to sell these kits with an extra hanger for the very purpose you listed above, so you would have an extra one, just in case.

We have ordered a limited number of every matching part. These are very exclusive, and the quantities we have anodized are very small. So, if we sell the colored hanger outside of the other parts in the lunchbox, then we make the remaining parts in the lunchbox obsolete. We do not have open stock on these hangers, every set is matched with all the bolts and links for a bike. I hope you can understand that part.

We sell Red, and Black as our standard replacement hanger. The black comes stock on the Firebird, and Red is stock on the Mach series of frames. They are the same hanger, just different colors. I know the Red wouldn't look good with your painted frame and all the other blue parts, but Black is a great alternative.

I hope you can understand this situation.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

featherweight clydesdale
    I understand, and the second hanger in the pack was a great thought. Black it is.

Will you be placing another anodizing order in the future that you could add one blue hanger to or is the lunchbox inventory set for a while?

BTW, loving the bike. I don't think I've posted up any kudo's or anything. The 429 needs more of them like Pelosi needs more Botox.
    Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club
    www.cambc.org

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Fattirewilly,

That's great to hear! The inventory is set for a while - though sales on these kits are going well, we won't run a new batch for a while.

Thanks for the kind words, and send us some photos of the bike so we can bling it up on our site. Send them to photos@pivotcycles.com

Happy Trails!
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy