mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Hope Best Dealer for Pivot Cycles

All:

This may be a sensitive question - who is the best Pivot dealer? Any one that might be willing to sell for less then full MSRP? Like many, I do not want to pay full MSRP for my bicycle. Looking for a Pivot 429. Fleabay is not a viable option for me. Thank you.

Rob
    If you are on the east coast. (Pa.) Give Steve a call at SV Bikes
    http://sauconvalleybikes.com/ Last time I was in there they had a 429 in stock.

mtbr member
    I don't think there are any bike shops at the North Pole. Might help if you let people know where you are so they can offer something applicable to you.

By the way, the best bike shop isn't necessarily the one that will sell for less than MSRP, so which do you want?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Chances are any dealer will give you a discount if you go in and show your face.

mtbr member
    I like the Mach 5.....however the closest dealer to me (FL) is 300 miles away. Kinda defeats the pro's you get with buying from a LBS....:-(

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I work for a Pivot dealer, Alex's Bicycle Pro Shop in Davie, FL if it's of any help.

mtbr member

Alex's Bike Shop

Hey pumaking,

I looked at that shop the other day on the internet, unfortunately I live in Ocala. I think Google Maps showed it as 280 miles away or something like that. Thats 560 miles round trip to test ride and pick up a bike......eek:

Still looking around though. Also looking at the Ibis Mojo, Trek Fuel EX 9, & GT Sensor 1.0 The latter two are available at local shops here in Ocala. But for a good enough deal I will travel

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I post it so much on here I was trying to refrain from plugging them again.

Native Bikeworks
    in Riverview, FL (near the Alafia and Boyette trails) is a Pivot dealer. They are a new shop and don't carry a huge inventory on any of the boutique brands. They mostly have Kona in stock at the moment. Call and talk to Erik and he may be able to help you.

I have a 2011 Mach 4, size large, that you'd be more than welcome to test out. I left it with the shop while I went out of town. (Not broken, I just trust the shop with it more than leaving it at home while I'm gone). The owner of the shop was planning to buy a Mach 429, but I don't know if he has yet. Apparently starting up a new business doesn't leave you a lot of time to ride or play with your own bikes.

Paterfamilias
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestHorse
    All:

This may be a sensitive question - who is the best Pivot dealer? Any one that might be willing to sell for less then full MSRP? Like many, I do not want to pay full MSRP for my bicycle. Looking for a Pivot 429. Fleabay is not a viable option for me. Thank you.
    Forest, most bike shops would be offended by your comparison of the BEST shop being the shop that sells under MSRP. Shops depend on the MSRP to help them keep their doors open, pay their staff, help you get the right size and color etc. The best shop is the shop that is going to sell at MSRP, where you are happy to pay that because the value they offer to you in customer service, setting you up on your bike, fitting you and making the adjustments to confirm you are buying the right size bike etc. If you are a price shopper, then you should look for Specialized, Trek or Giant - any of the BIG brands, as they constantly have bikes on closeout.

If you are looking for best in class performance, then price shouldn't be your deciding factor, as performance and function should outweigh your pricing restraints. Get on the bike, demo it - you will see what I'm talking about.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thank you, Dan...I appreciate your thoughts.... I know that there are some awesome bike shops and people out there...and I can only go with my (admittedly) biased point of view. I have had really sordid experiences...ex. buying 4 bikes from one shop and still getting treated horribly, among other things. It has seemed at times that the only concrete thing I can find is a decent price because all the other stuff is like smoke that I can never catch. But I hear you, and I think I just need to find the right place.

mtbr member
    ForestHorse,

FWIW, the dealer that you bought your bike from is my LBS and by far the best shop that I have ever dealt with. Whatever discounts they offer are just a bonus to me.