Always pushing harder!!!

Anyone race their Pivot?

If so, give some feedback...

I already did my first race on it and di great!!! 3rd overall (out of 50) and in my class in a tune-up...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I just bought one and I'm planning to race with it.
    XC races and marathon!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I've raced my 429 several times. Both XC and half marathon.

I don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for. The bike performed MUCH better than the rider.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I race my Mach 5. it is 31 lbs. and I smoked my times from previous races with a lighter bike. Not so much becuase the Mach 5 is that much faster but I ride it a lot more then my previous bikes because it is so much more fun then anything I have had before. Previous bikes were, in no particular order, Trek Fuel, Kona Kikapu, Diamondback topenga, Cannondale f900, and Mongoose rockadile sx (When mongoose still rocked).

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I did quite a bit of racing this year on my mach 4 and loved it. Mostly XC stuff but a few 6 hour races and endurance events. Nothing but postive things to say about it.
    HH Rx

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CxAgent2
    I've raced my 429 several times. Both XC and half marathon.

I don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for. The bike performed MUCH better than the rider.
    Just to hear others opinion on the bike. We hear a lot about how great this bike and the other bike peforms on racing, but having raced my Mach 4 fpor the first time this past weekend, it blew my mind away how faster and harder I can push the bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can race these things?

mtbr member
    May 2008

4 vs 5

So would it be better to race a more comfortable heavier mach 5 in 100 milers and 24 hours races -or- race faster in a firmer riding mach 4? I know ultimately most threads I have researched say that it is all personal preference, but people who have done both have to have some opinions on it. There are people who race 24 hours on a single speed hardtail, I'm too old for that and my ass couldn't take it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carlostruco
    Just to hear others opinion on the bike. We hear a lot about how great this bike and the other bike performs on racing, but having raced my Mach 4 for the first time this past weekend, it blew my mind away how faster and harder I can push the bike...
    The faster and harder I push my 429, the better it works. When there is a problem it is always pilot error. The bike is MUCH more capable than I am. I used to think the same thing of my Fuel EX9, but I think I found its limits. Repeatedly.

Fat & Single
    Jason English from here in Oz .... http://www.jasonenglish.com.au/results

Reigning world solo 24h champ on a mach 4

I wonder if its the sponsors who dictate which bike he rides, would he prefer a 429 ?
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    AMB magazine had an article on Jason English's Mach 4 set up leading up to the world 24 solos. He had just raced The Merida 24hour up here (down under) in QLD.
    His Mach 4 weighed dead on 10kg and he sets the sag at 35 % on the Mach 4 for 24 hour racing. He said as 29ers get lighter he could see them be used and that a 29er would suit a rougher trail like OHV or Canmore from a fatigue point of view.
    Strongy

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcamper
    You can race these things?
    I plan to race my Mach 4 this season for XC and marathon...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Back to 2010...
    Racing on a Mach 429?