Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone here race a Mach 4?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  aluma 
#1 ·
I've been leaning towards the Mach 4 for XC racing. I rode a carbon 26" hardtail last season. The rock gardens tend to jar me from the bike so I'm thinking a full suspension bike will allow me to ride through it. The Mach 4 seems to be a good choice for XC and endurance racing.

#2 ·
My 2 cents

Over the past two years I have raced XC and enduro on the PM4. It has been a good choice for several reasons -efficient, solid, and plush. It pedals better than most in and out of the saddle. I also like the fact it makes a good trail bike -not just a race day only type bike.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Disclaimer: I am not a racer.

That said, the Mach 4 begs to be ridden fast. The faster you go, the better it seems to perform. You might lose a little edge on the climbs, but you should certainly descend faster on the Mach 4 than any hardtail due to the increased control the rear suspension gives you. And it does pedal *almost* like a hardtail.

#5 ·
I raced one of our demos at the Old Pueblo 24 Race in 2010, absolutely loved that bike. I'd have one now if I had room for it (got the M4X instead, I lean more toward the gravity side of things). It's an amazingly easy bike to feel comfortable on and like golden boy said, it makes you want to go fast.

#6 ·
I've had mine for 3 years now. Race it, run it on the trails and use it for training on road rides. It's an amazing bike! So much so that the only bike I'd ever buy is either a Mach 4,427,or 429...plush but firm, rails on turns, rode it thru Phoenix mountains rocks too...no problems. It's not carbon either and I got it down to 26lbs with all mountain wheels n tires and xt/x9 combo. Obviously, lower with xc race stuff. I don't worry about anything on it either. Always reliable too. Can't wait till the 427 comes out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.