Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?

I've heard the Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike is a magic setup. Have any of you used it on the Mach 6?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'm about to pull the trigger to start a build with that setup... anyone done it yet?

OriginalDonk
    I asked the shop that sold me my Mach 6 frame about the CCDBA and it sounds like it's definitely an option. One thing to note is that you can't just grab any 8.5 x 2.5 CCDBA. You need to have somebody special order you one that's compatible. I believe you need the "15mm open end-eye" version of the CCDBA to ensure that it plays nice with the Mach 6's linkage. Let us know if you snag one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I will be building one up on Wednesday with a Pike and a new Rock Shox Debon Air Monarch+ which I am really excited to try. That shock got unbelievable reviews.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yeah, you're right... There's a specific part number for the compatible eyelet version. I was wondering if anyone has done it and if they have a tuning for the CCDBA that works well? CC hasnt established a base tuning yet for the mach 6...

mtbr member
    FWIW I rode a CCDBA on my Endorphin and found that the Float-X feels just as good on the M6. I'm sure if you spend hours and hours though tweaking that thing it might be better. So many possible combinations though!

Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?-m6-cb-air.jpg
    I just installed a a DB Air CS yesterday. First ride was SICK!!! We are a Pivot Dealer and the one for the M6 needs to come directly from Cane Creek. Let me know if you need one.

Definitely better than the Float X with little tuning.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by speedraceratl View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m6 cb air.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	890502
    I just installed a a DB Air CS yesterday. First ride was SICK!!! We are a Pivot Dealer and the one for the M6 needs to come directly from Cane Creek. Let me know if you need one.

Definitely better than the Float X with little tuning.
    Hi Speedraceratl,
    What size is our frame? Do you think it will fit on a Med?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneLOcust View Post
    Hi Speedraceratl,
    What size is our frame? Do you think it will fit on a Med?

Thanks
    mine is a medium
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    More feedback on performance. Just put 30 more miles on her yesterday which included 4500' of climbing and almost 5000' of descents. Not sure I could go back to the Float X. I have more control in the turns and can attack turns with more speed without the rear sinking through the travel. Really impressive on the climbing. No bobbing just a nice steady ride. And that's a 36T I'm pushing.

Oh and it screams through the rough stuff coming down. Just monster trucks everything.

OriginalDonk
    If anybody is looking to pick up a CCDB Air that's compatible with the Mach 6 you'll need to have you shop order Cane Creek Part #BAD0919. For hardware you need to specify 8x22. Sounds like it's pretty much a semi-custom effort from Cane Creek. Definitely nice that they are offering something that works.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    PM me if you want one. comes with mounting HW.

AOK
    mtbr member

Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?

Ha! I just saw that bad boy in the shop when I picked up my new Pike the other day. Nice ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So how does the bottom out feel? And as far as sag on CC...is it just like the X or sit higher or lower in travel?

I have the PIKE, but I don't think the X is a "great" rear shock for the 6.....

What does this shock run $ wise?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    So how does the bottom out feel? And as far as sag on CC...is it just like the X or sit higher or lower in travel?

I have the PIKE, but I don't think the X is a "great" rear shock for the 6.....

What does this shock run $ wise?
    so I have mine set at 30% sag and have yet to bottom it out. but I have not taken any huge drops as of yet. with the CS switch on or off it sits in the same area as the sag. with the CS switch on you do not feel the platform as much as you do with the Fox.

Price wise msrp is $675 I can get you on one for considerably less. Heck if there was a group buy I would support that.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    also I have mine set up for pedaling efficiency so while it is plush it is only to a certain extent. this works well for me. you may be different and that is where this shock shines because you can adjust to your liking

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedraceratl View Post
    Not sure I could go back to the Float X.
    Not surprised . Fox is the best thing that ever happened for the Avy guy .
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

OriginalDonk
    I may pull the trigger on a CCDBA for the Mach 6 through SpeedRacerAtl's shop. Let me know if you're interested in a group buy in the next few days and we may able to swing a slightly better deal. We'd all be going through a reputable shop in Atlanta.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i may be interested in this as well. looking at the m6 pike and this rear shock for my build.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalDonk View Post
    I may pull the trigger on a CCDBA for the Mach 6 through SpeedRacerAtl's shop. Let me know if you're interested in a group buy in the next few days and we may able to swing a slightly better deal. We'd all be going through a reputable shop in Atlanta.
    I would be interested in a group buy as well....I talked to him about the price, if we could get that a little lower, that would be sweet

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hmm, the CC DB Air sounds promising. But dang, these things are expensive. $519 is the best I've seen.

I wonder how the new Rock Shox Monarch Plus DebonAir compares? I am a big fan of RS goods over Fox for sure. The Debon's are about $500 so not far in price from the DB.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I'd be interested too...am in the process of finalizing the parts I want for a build...the CCDBA is definitely on the list...(along with the pike)

OriginalDonk
    Looks like 4 or 5 of us would be willing to go through SpeedRacerAtl for a CCDBA. Hopefully we can score a bit of a deal. Anybody else interested? Any idea on wait times ATL?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So basically it is a standard CC DBA CS or non CS which is eye to eye 8.5 x 2.5 shaft length, the only thing that is special order is the eyelet hardware which is 8x22, is that correct?

I have a friend that will let me borrow a DBA off his RUNE and see if I like it, same measurements, the only thing is the eyelets are a tad smaller than the X....so sometime this weekend, we'll see if that can be done swapping out different fit kits and such.

OriginalDonk
    Look forward to hearing if you can pull it off. The way I understand it is that the standard CCDBA won't fit on the Mach 6 and you need to special order a shock with a slightly different eyelet spec. Let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast