Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Going DBinline for mostly Enduro and trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought of the Inline also, but they won't fit a small frame. Oh well...
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    so will the db air inline work for the mach 6 frame? It says its compatible for up to 150mm. the m6 is 155.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes. Db air inline is not compatible. But ccdb cs yes !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag84 View Post
    Yes. Db air inline is not compatible. But ccdb cs yes !!
    Wrong answer...read my previous post with an email directly from Cane Creek...it WILL fit the MACH 6

Email directly from Cane Creek...

"Both the DBAir-CS and DBInline will fit the Mach 6 and either would be a good choice (the inline if you want to save some weight). If you go with the DBAir-CS, note that you will need a specific shock with part number (BAD0919). Both shocks will change your life. Please let me know if you need anything else. "

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi,

What is your setup for db air on Pivot ??

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Going to put my Float X up for sale if someone wants it. 2 months of riding.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Got word that Suspension Experts do a bang up job on Float X with Push tuning for 250.00.considering the cost of the DBair at more then double for a slighly more performance edge has me thinking on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dang. Conflicting reports. The CC website say DB Air will NOT fit the Mach 6, while the DB Air 'CS' will NOT fit an XS frame. When I called, the tech said no fit of either shock on the small frames. Confused.

BUT the Inline WILL fit all sizes.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Did anyone pull the trigger yet? Decided to tweak the X here and there with the settings and psi+10, it's better so far.

CC DBA Inline or Avalanche the X...?

I will wait til the end of the summer to make a decision.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ordered ithe DBinline yesterday,at an amazing price from LBS,feel it will fit my needs better for Enduros and Super D with majority of my time trail and play riding, do not feel the nessesity to have a CCDB or Fox X type shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I cant put it on my 5.7 because its a small frame. Bummer! Enjoy

KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    if it helps at all, i just put a ccdb cs on my nomad carbon, and this thing is amazing. ive only ridden an rp23 and a monarch. no other resevoir shocks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I use the Pivot Mach 6 with the CCDB CS on Medium Size and a friend on a Small size and it works amazing.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    changing the shock does not change the angles or geometry, or the frame's travel unless you get a shock with a different eye to eye or stroke length. if the shock works well you get improved responsiveness, better rebound and compression damping, reduced brake dive, better small bump compliance. these are usually things a tuner, like PUSH, sets up for considering your riding style, weight, leverage ratio of the frame you're using. but with this cc db air, you supposed can adjust all that yourself and not have to take it to a tuner and pay $100-200+.

But i'd still like to hear from some real end consumers, also known as bikers, who have actual ride experiences on this wallet-busting shock. besides speedracer, who raves about the shock but also just happens to own a bike shock that, oh natually just happens sells them them too. no offense speedracer but its just too convenient and you may not be unbiased.

im sure it's an awesome shock but we just spent $3k on the frame. Now to spend another $6 (after shipping and whatevahs) is just nuts to me. But who am I so say. I just spent $1400 on a frickin wheelset too. not okay. i'm gonna be broke and make payments on my cc. ratings will go down. okahy, i'm ranting and raving. i'm tired over and out...
    Great post.

Sorry I'm late to the party and have not read the entire thread - short on time right now.

The Fox is not bad but like the rear Fox on another bike of mine I find it blows through its travel way too easily. I can bottom it out without trying - though the bottom out is not harsh. I've got an air spacer kit from Fox to give that a shot.

My plan is to use the Fox for the first season, then speak to the PUSH or Avy folks to see if they can help. If they can help I'd send it in for a routine service and for some tweaking. A lot cheaper than going with a CC.

As mentioned, its hard dropping 3K on a frame/shock and then throwing the shock in the dust bin for a $450 replacement - there has to be a better way. I did this in the past with another frame but was lucky enough to offset the cost a bit by ebay-ing the stock shock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nightjjr View Post
    I use the Pivot Mach 6 with the CCDB CS on Medium Size and a friend on a Small size and it works amazing.
    What is your setting shock ?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    So I just got the ccdba for my M6 (small frame). Anyone have any ccdba settings that they love? Right now I've just got the factory base tune...

Keep on Rockin...
    Finally got around to putting in a larger air spacer in the Fox air can.

As I hoped, it added some progressiveness to the shock and helped with bottom out. Not a huge difference, but I like it.

No need for me to consider the CC.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    @Kahu8 my bike is returning from Vancouver this week (bike was amazing at Whistler and the North Shore) I will post my settings when it returns.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Answer by Pivot:

"OK, here's how I have mine setup for my weight (with pack, approx 190 lbs)

Main air for 30% sag: 110psi

HSC: +1

LSC: +3

HSR: +1 1/4

LSR: +8

Hope this helps…enjoy the trails!

Best regards,
    Brien Gonzales"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well the time has come to ditch the X….Even after I put the biggest volume spacer in, it was slightly better = more stable and not so soft feeling….hit our local "mini Moab" and it was doing the same thing…blowing through travel when it shouldn't...!!!!

Threw it up on the Bay and ordered the CC DB Air CS….its a custom order so it takes 2 weeks or so….can't wait.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    pedal-man don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks we have had some on order for the past month. With the release of the inline production is way up. I'm at interbike and although I'm not sure they have a booth but if they do I plan on asking them about production.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speedraceratl View Post
    pedal-man don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks we have had some on order for the past month. With the release of the inline production is way up. I'm at interbike and although I'm not sure they have a booth but if they do I plan on asking them about production.
    Hopefully 2 weeks..fingers crossed. Let me know if you hear anything…I have a trip to Durango in 2.5 weeks and was hoping to have it by then….if not, I can borrow a buddies X off of his M6 for the weekend…!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    How much is everyone paying for the DB air CS? I priced on here is Oz and it's $715. Seems a bit steep.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ouch! I went with Inline for 395.00 from LBS, unless you do alot of bike park the CS is overkill.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast