Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Going DBinline for mostly Enduro and trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought of the Inline also, but they won't fit a small frame. Oh well...
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    so will the db air inline work for the mach 6 frame? It says its compatible for up to 150mm. the m6 is 155.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes. Db air inline is not compatible. But ccdb cs yes !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag84 View Post
    Yes. Db air inline is not compatible. But ccdb cs yes !!
    Wrong answer...read my previous post with an email directly from Cane Creek...it WILL fit the MACH 6

Email directly from Cane Creek...

"Both the DBAir-CS and DBInline will fit the Mach 6 and either would be a good choice (the inline if you want to save some weight). If you go with the DBAir-CS, note that you will need a specific shock with part number (BAD0919). Both shocks will change your life. Please let me know if you need anything else. "

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi,

What is your setup for db air on Pivot ??

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Going to put my Float X up for sale if someone wants it. 2 months of riding.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Got word that Suspension Experts do a bang up job on Float X with Push tuning for 250.00.considering the cost of the DBair at more then double for a slighly more performance edge has me thinking on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dang. Conflicting reports. The CC website say DB Air will NOT fit the Mach 6, while the DB Air 'CS' will NOT fit an XS frame. When I called, the tech said no fit of either shock on the small frames. Confused.

BUT the Inline WILL fit all sizes.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Did anyone pull the trigger yet? Decided to tweak the X here and there with the settings and psi+10, it's better so far.

CC DBA Inline or Avalanche the X...?

I will wait til the end of the summer to make a decision.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ordered ithe DBinline yesterday,at an amazing price from LBS,feel it will fit my needs better for Enduros and Super D with majority of my time trail and play riding, do not feel the nessesity to have a CCDB or Fox X type shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I cant put it on my 5.7 because its a small frame. Bummer! Enjoy

KJL
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    if it helps at all, i just put a ccdb cs on my nomad carbon, and this thing is amazing. ive only ridden an rp23 and a monarch. no other resevoir shocks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I use the Pivot Mach 6 with the CCDB CS on Medium Size and a friend on a Small size and it works amazing.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    changing the shock does not change the angles or geometry, or the frame's travel unless you get a shock with a different eye to eye or stroke length. if the shock works well you get improved responsiveness, better rebound and compression damping, reduced brake dive, better small bump compliance. these are usually things a tuner, like PUSH, sets up for considering your riding style, weight, leverage ratio of the frame you're using. but with this cc db air, you supposed can adjust all that yourself and not have to take it to a tuner and pay $100-200+.

But i'd still like to hear from some real end consumers, also known as bikers, who have actual ride experiences on this wallet-busting shock. besides speedracer, who raves about the shock but also just happens to own a bike shock that, oh natually just happens sells them them too. no offense speedracer but its just too convenient and you may not be unbiased.

im sure it's an awesome shock but we just spent $3k on the frame. Now to spend another $6 (after shipping and whatevahs) is just nuts to me. But who am I so say. I just spent $1400 on a frickin wheelset too. not okay. i'm gonna be broke and make payments on my cc. ratings will go down. okahy, i'm ranting and raving. i'm tired over and out...
    Great post.

Sorry I'm late to the party and have not read the entire thread - short on time right now.

The Fox is not bad but like the rear Fox on another bike of mine I find it blows through its travel way too easily. I can bottom it out without trying - though the bottom out is not harsh. I've got an air spacer kit from Fox to give that a shot.

My plan is to use the Fox for the first season, then speak to the PUSH or Avy folks to see if they can help. If they can help I'd send it in for a routine service and for some tweaking. A lot cheaper than going with a CC.

As mentioned, its hard dropping 3K on a frame/shock and then throwing the shock in the dust bin for a $450 replacement - there has to be a better way. I did this in the past with another frame but was lucky enough to offset the cost a bit by ebay-ing the stock shock.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nightjjr View Post
    I use the Pivot Mach 6 with the CCDB CS on Medium Size and a friend on a Small size and it works amazing.
    What is your setting shock ?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    So I just got the ccdba for my M6 (small frame). Anyone have any ccdba settings that they love? Right now I've just got the factory base tune...

Keep on Rockin...
    Finally got around to putting in a larger air spacer in the Fox air can.

As I hoped, it added some progressiveness to the shock and helped with bottom out. Not a huge difference, but I like it.

No need for me to consider the CC.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    @Kahu8 my bike is returning from Vancouver this week (bike was amazing at Whistler and the North Shore) I will post my settings when it returns.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Answer by Pivot:

"OK, here's how I have mine setup for my weight (with pack, approx 190 lbs)

Main air for 30% sag: 110psi

HSC: +1

LSC: +3

HSR: +1 1/4

LSR: +8

Hope this helps…enjoy the trails!

Best regards,
    Brien Gonzales"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well the time has come to ditch the X….Even after I put the biggest volume spacer in, it was slightly better = more stable and not so soft feeling….hit our local "mini Moab" and it was doing the same thing…blowing through travel when it shouldn't...!!!!

Threw it up on the Bay and ordered the CC DB Air CS….its a custom order so it takes 2 weeks or so….can't wait.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    pedal-man don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks we have had some on order for the past month. With the release of the inline production is way up. I'm at interbike and although I'm not sure they have a booth but if they do I plan on asking them about production.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speedraceratl View Post
    pedal-man don't be surprised if it takes more than 2 weeks we have had some on order for the past month. With the release of the inline production is way up. I'm at interbike and although I'm not sure they have a booth but if they do I plan on asking them about production.
    Hopefully 2 weeks..fingers crossed. Let me know if you hear anything…I have a trip to Durango in 2.5 weeks and was hoping to have it by then….if not, I can borrow a buddies X off of his M6 for the weekend…!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    How much is everyone paying for the DB air CS? I priced on here is Oz and it's $715. Seems a bit steep.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Ouch! I went with Inline for 395.00 from LBS, unless you do alot of bike park the CS is overkill.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oldm8 View Post
    How much is everyone paying for the DB air CS? I priced on here is Oz and it's $715. Seems a bit steep.
    The CCDB Air retails at most places for about $585 or so…..check around.

The CS doesn't really matter…but better to have than not...

mtbr member
    Oh so the fitment will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    Wrong answer...read my previous post with an email directly from Cane Creek...it WILL fit the MACH 6

Email directly from Cane Creek...

"Both the DBAir-CS and DBInline will fit the Mach 6 and either would be a good choice (the inline if you want to save some weight). If you go with the DBAir-CS, note that you will need a specific shock with part number (BAD0919). Both shocks will change your life. Please let me know if you need anything else. "
    ****BIRD

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag84 View Post
    Answer by Pivot:

"OK, here's how I have mine setup for my weight (with pack, approx 190 lbs)

Main air for 30% sag: 110psi

HSC: +1

LSC: +3

HSR: +1 1/4

LSR: +8

Hope this helps…enjoy the trails!

Best regards,
    Brien Gonzales"
    Thanx

In my case I use

HSC: +0.25
    LSC: +4

HSR: +2
    LSR: 8 clicks from max.

Hope this helps someone else.

This setting gives the CCDB CS the closest feel to a coil I could achieve.

Keep on Rockin...
    What "Trail" setting are riders usings when doing longer segments of trail that are not all up or down? I'm talking about the Fox CTD that comes stock on the frame.

Many (not all) trails where I live do not have sustained climbing or descending. So, I'll put the M6 in Trail mode on the Fox CTD and leave it there.

Originally I had put the Trail default in the number 1 setting. However, I did find the bike too sluggish feeling with hard pedaling. Seemed to have not much snap, though I do realize this is a 6" travel rig.

More recently I've moved the Trail 2 setting. It's certainly given the bike the snappy acceleration I was looking for on the flats and smaller climbs, but its also taken a lot of the plushness out of the suspension - even when the trail speeds up.

Seems like the Trail 1 setting is underdamped and the Trail 2 setting might be over damped.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Now that some guys have some miles on the CCDBA and Inline on the Mach 6, I would like to get some more detailed ride impressions? What does it do better than the stock Float X?

I know some heavier riders have had issues with the Float X bottoming too easily. At 165 pounds, I think I am in the sweet spot as far as what the Float X was designed for. I do use a lot more travel than I would expect, but even when I take a large hit it never seems to bottom out hard. Overall I absolutely love the bike (thanks speedraceratl for a great deal)! Still curious what a CC DBA would do for me.

Miker J, I have been running 90% of the time at the #2 setting in Trail. Trail 1 feels like a little too much pedal feedback. Trail 3 is too harsh, although it is amazingly efficient for a bike with this much travel. I will put it into Descend for long descents, but that is maybe twice a ride. The bike sags more in Descend, which I like because it slackens it out a bit when going down. I can forget it in either setting, so it certainly descends well in Trail and still climbs pretty well in Descend. Most of our trails around Atlanta are relatively short up and downs, which is why I tend to just leave it alone in Trail. Climb mode is only for blacktop and smooth fire roads. Most rides I don't use it at all.

Once set up properly, how would the CCDBA compare in terms of pedal platform, small bump compliance, and plushness when descending to the Float X in the Trail 2 setting? Is it a worthwhile upgrade for me since the Float X seems tuned pretty well to my weight?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    CCDB in action on the Mach6 !!! Amazing shock !!!

Timka zigzag pivot mach6 Video - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    How many of you actually have use for the CCDBA, great for ride parks, Enduro's, if that is your main cup of tea, but for mostly trail, AM with some knar the Inline is a much better choice.

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post
    Now that some guys have some miles on the CCDBA and Inline on the Mach 6, I would like to get some more detailed ride impressions? What does it do better than the stock Float X?

I know some heavier riders have had issues with the Float X bottoming too easily. At 165 pounds, I think I am in the sweet spot as far as what the Float X was designed for. I do use a lot more travel than I would expect, but even when I take a large hit it never seems to bottom out hard. Overall I absolutely love the bike (thanks speedraceratl for a great deal)! Still curious what a CC DBA would do for me.

Miker J, I have been running 90% of the time at the #2 setting in Trail. Trail 1 feels like a little too much pedal feedback. Trail 3 is too harsh, although it is amazingly efficient for a bike with this much travel. I will put it into Descend for long descents, but that is maybe twice a ride. The bike sags more in Descend, which I like because it slackens it out a bit when going down. I can forget it in either setting, so it certainly descends well in Trail and still climbs pretty well in Descend. Most of our trails around Atlanta are relatively short up and downs, which is why I tend to just leave it alone in Trail. Climb mode is only for blacktop and smooth fire roads. Most rides I don't use it at all.

Once set up properly, how would the CCDBA compare in terms of pedal platform, small bump compliance, and plushness when descending to the Float X in the Trail 2 setting? Is it a worthwhile upgrade for me since the Float X seems tuned pretty well to my weight?
    Thanks for the feedback.

My Fox improved when I put a larger spacer in the air chamber. I thought it was going through too much travel much too easily.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The largest volume spacer does help…I am 190 all geared up and the X just didn't feel right..blowing through travel and just a little too saggy if you run the proper pressures…I pick my CCDBAIR cs up tomorrow and can't wait…I was just in Durango this past weekend and really would've liked to have tested it out…the X was not up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    How many of you actually have use for the CCDBA,
    IT'S BETTER AT EVERYTHING vs. X

I chose it over the inline….
    1)the extra piggyback keeps the bike looking like a beast!!!
    2) I do a bit of everything and AM / Tech / XC and this is what I feel is the better option for me.

After riding it, the CC soaks up the trail and keeps the tire on the ground vs. the X..it's was hopping and skipping going up and down trails…loss of grip and traction.
    As stated above by other posters…if you tune for pedaling you lose plushness…if you tune for plushness, it's too plush and bobs on the climbing….

Believe me, I wanted the X to work…in short of having to send my "new shock" off to get retuned is out of the question….Look closely…other bike manufacturers are moving away from Fux and going to CC for their 6"+ travel bikes - Santa Cruz, Spesh..to name a few
    Last edited by pedal-man; 10-19-2014 at 02:40 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I agree with zigzag. forget the FX and modding it. get the CCDBCS and you will not regret it.(yes the CS makes a difference)
    Just recently returned from a trip to whistler and the shock performed wonderfully. I received many questions about the 6 and how it was handling. Through A-Line, Dirt Merchant, Freight Train, etc never had an issue until I got a flat on my last run.

Also rode the North Shore where you have to climb for your descents and the 6 handled everything perfectly. Even saw a new 6 owner out there who was also pleased. albeit he had the FX.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?-mpcc.jpg

Got the CCDBAIR SC in 16 days from order…going to hit the trails for it's first ride…can't wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just did the first ride with the CC DBAir CS…All I can say is….

GO SELL YOUR FLOAT X AND GET A REAL REAR SHOCK….this thing is sick!!!

Even at the base Neutral tune…this shock is light years ahead of the X in every way…stays firm in the climbs, yet plush on the downs….I did do some tweaking with the adjustments and maybe 1-2 more rides and I'm set….it feels like a whole new bike..even more capable than it was before...

I can't emphasize it enough…the X is JUNK on the M6….for me anyways - IMHO
    I am 190 geared up...

Disclaimer…Anybody over 165lbs geared up needs a better shock on this bike
    The X "might work for you" if you weigh less than 165lbs =/- a couple lbs.

If you can't afford the full on CC DBAir…then by all means..get the inline….you will thank yourself later…..

just my .10
    Last edited by pedal-man; 10-04-2014 at 09:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?

Thanks for the update pedal-man. Let us know your settings when you get them dialed. Are you using the CS on the climbs?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    For sure…from what I understand the CS is not an on/off switch…you can put it anywhere in between and get a desired pedal dampening effect…I had it right in the middle and it worked great..no need to turn to closed for the climbs…and actually may not need it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    ..no need to turn to closed for the climbs…and actually may not need it.
    Me too !! I never use the position "CS on" ... Isn't necessery for me.

The M6 is an excellent climber whith amzing traction.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Okay..I think I have it dialed in now….seriously…this bike couldn't be any better.

I introduced a little more sag to 21mm….dropped the air down to 150psi..IIRC

I will report back with my final setting and psi/rider info in about a week after I get some more rides in…but I don't think I will have to mess with it…I've only adjusted the settings and air twice so far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Finally managed to get mine on last weekend and managed some PR's on my first real run out, using the base tune at the moment with around 22mm of sag and 180psi (i'm 92kg with kit), will start to fettle a little more over the next few weeks.
    Major difference so far is tracking, the rear wheel feels very planted over broken ground.
    Anyone build up a Mach 6 with a Cane Creek Double Barrel and a Rock Shox Pike?-2014-10-24-18.08.04-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiStew View Post
    Finally managed to get mine on last weekend and managed some PR's on my first real run out, using the base tune at the moment with around 22mm of sag and 180psi (i'm 92kg with kit), will start to fettle a little more over the next few weeks.
    Major difference so far is tracking, the rear wheel feels very planted over broken ground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-24 18.08.04-1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	935916
    Now add 15% to that feeling and imagine how nice the CCDB coil would be. All Pivot should recognize this.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Good to see this setup on more and more M6's. I get questioned about mine all the time

Keep on Rockin...
    A question for the CC converts....

The Fox X seems OK on the DH when in Decend mode. Its OK for climbing in the Trail 2 mode.

However, many of our east coast trails are a lot of quick ups and downs, and flat tech riding. The Descend is too plush and the Trail 2 is too damped. Trail 1 doesn't feel right either - feels to wallowy for hard pedaling, yet too damped over rough terrain.

I'm sure the CC is great for descending, and great for climbing with the CS. For extended climbs I'm sure I'd flip the CS on. But for trails that are flat and techie, or for trails that have the quick up and down - can you set it and forget it after dialing it in?

Does the CC Inline permit that "just right" amount of LSC to be added to keep the bike from wallowing, but also allow it to still remain fairly compliant?

Again, I think the Fox X is ok for long climbs and for long descents. It the flat, rolling, tech stuff that has the rear shock (and rider) confused.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    A question for the CC converts....

The Fox X seems OK on the DH when in Decend mode. Its OK for climbing in the Trail 2 mode.

However, many of our east coast trails are a lot of quick ups and downs, and flat tech riding. The Descend is too plush and the Trail 2 is too damped. Trail 1 doesn't feel right either - feels to wallowy for hard pedaling, yet too damped over rough terrain.

I'm sure the CC is great for descending, and great for climbing with the CS. For extended climbs I'm sure I'd flip the CS on. But for trails that are flat and techie, or for trails that have the quick up and down - can you set it and forget it after dialing it in?

Does the CC Inline permit that "just right" amount of LSC to be added to keep the bike from wallowing, but also allow it to still remain fairly compliant?

Again, I think the Fox X is ok for long climbs and for long descents. It the flat, rolling, tech stuff that has the rear shock (and rider) confused.
    Thats the problem with the X, you can't have your cake and eat it too

With the CC DBAIR and Inline….you can have both plus seconds….

To sum it up for you…you have no idea how good the CC DBAir or even the Inline will make the M6 feel….Like stated above….it seems to stick to the ground and feels more composed in the chunk and in the climbs vs getting deflected like the X does. You can tune it to how YOU would like the bike to perform…and it's not that hard to set up either….don't be intimidated…a couple tweaks here and there…thats it.

I keep the CS switch in the open position all the time now..no need to keep flipping it back and forth…I did keep it half to 3/4 open when I first got the DBAIR…now it's open all the time..

Talk to Pivot…I heard that they were in the midst of getting the X "re-tuned" to meet their specs for the M6 because the current tune was not up to standards!!! No kidding eh!!!?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    This rear shock continues to amaze me….Just did a 33 mile epic today with a bunch of everything in it…technical rock gardens, climbing, fast rocky descents, buffed out single track…it did it ALL flawlessly.

I am satisfied with my current settings and will post my them here for others to assist in getting theirs when they make the switch to the CCDBAir….

In the next couple of days.

Stoked….

Next up..some carbon hoops….

Keep on Rockin...
    Can anyone post on specificlly what is different between the CC and X?

Correct me if I'm wrong but to me sounds like the CC may be a bit better at separating the LSC and HSC, or maybe CC's LSC targets a different/lower "frequency" than the X.

The issue with the Fox (for me) is in Open setting there seems to be almost no LSC. Not until I have it in Trail 2 mode does it really feel like the LSC has kicked in. But, at that point the ride becomes quite harsh - even at higher speeds. So its not like I can set and forget it in Trail 2.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Miker J, you hit the nail on the head. Compression adjust on the Float X seems to increase both low and high speed compression. Still a very good performing bike, but could be a bit better if those two were separate adjustments. Definitely in the "first world problems" category though. Not sure if the best solution is to get a DB or a SSD/tune from Avalanche.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post
    Miker J, you hit the nail on the head. Compression adjust on the Float X seems to increase both low and high speed compression. Still a very good performing bike, but could be a bit better if those two were separate adjustments. Definitely in the "first world problems" category though. Not sure if the best solution is to get a DB or a SSD/tune from Avalanche.
    Im in the same boat. But leaning towards the ccdb. I can still sell the float x for at least a $100 and lessen the cost of ccdb. With an avalanche its specific to you so its a little hard to sell in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast