Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    OD you are correct. This is quoted from their website:
    "DBAIR-CS will not fit XS frame. Requires 15mm open end-eye. Shock must be ordered specifically for Mach 6; stock shocks cannot be modified."
    Also I think the tune is different, not saying you can't adjust it to what the base tune of the Pivot model is but I had to do very little tinkering with it to get it to where I liked it.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Since the Cane creek has a 14.7mm eyelet size I wonder if it would be possible to turn down the mount bolt from 15mm to make a standard DB fit? I don't have a Mach 6 so I haven't seen the mounting hardware, just thinking,,,

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Since the Cane creek has a 14.7mm eyelet size I wonder if it would be possible to turn down the mount bolt from 15mm to make a standard DB fit? I don't have a Mach 6 so I haven't seen the mounting hardware, just thinking,,,
    I was wondering the same thing. Can't we just use a bushing/reducer to make it fit? If we have to buy direct from CC then we're paying full MSRP. I refuse to pay full retail on anything. Dang, now we're pushing $700 after shipping.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Can't we just use a bushing/reducer to make it fit? If we have to buy direct from CC then we're paying full MSRP. I refuse to pay full retail on anything. Dang, now we're pushing $700 after shipping.
    myitch, read previous posts regarding group buy.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The RWC needle bearing guy mentioned boring out 14.7mm eyelets to 15mm for some cheap amount, around $25. CC made these shocks w/ several eyelet sizes, there's a long post about it somewhere here.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    My thought is change the size of the mounting bolt rather than modifying the shock. A bolt should be cheap and then any CCDB would fit.

OriginalDonk
    I think the issue is that there is no mounting bolt passing through the eyelet of the shock. The the diameter of the clevis plays nice with the Fox Float X eyelet. I imagine you could cut a reducer bushing to get a large CCDBA eyelet down to the clevis diameter if somebody wants to go that route.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    My thought is change the size of the mounting bolt rather than modifying the shock. A bolt should be cheap and then any CCDB would fit.
    Then you have a stress riser where the reduction meets the original diameter on Pivot's pin. Making the eyelet 15mm just makes it compatible with more things.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I will see what can be done when I get it it my hands....if anything, go down to the local ACE hardware/Tru-value and see what fits. they usually have those odd ball parts in stock for anything.

I will take some pics of how this turns out, if it does happen. This CC DBA is the first generation...I know Kenny from PIVOT and I'll be riding with him this weekend, he has a CC DBA on his Firebird...but he had to special order a narrower body to work since it is vertical mount.

I'll have to find out if the settings for the CC DBA for the 5.7 listed on the CC site are a close enough starting point for the M6 as well.....Fingers crossed.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    While I like tinkering and making things work that are not necessarily suppose to, this alternative about reducing the eyelet and/or clevis seems like a lot to go through rather than just get the right part for the job. Just my opinion though.

If you put a dollar value on your time (which I do to keep myself from being too involved in some projects) this has the potential outweigh any benefits rather than fit and some sense of accomplishment. Another opinion

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think trying to find either a bolt to fit or enlarging the mount hole are the best options as mentioned above. That way we can use any DB Air shock and not have to buy one direct. I mean we're talking 0.3mm. That's nothing major at all

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well...after talking to Kenny this morning...you are correct. It needs to be a special order, not just because of the mounting hole diameter etc....the whole eyelet that is the mounting point, is different and will not slide all the way into the Pivot M6 shock mounting points.

Same was true for his Firebird....CC just had to be different than all the rest of the shock mfgrs and be just a little bit different.

He basically said that if a CC DBA is a 10, then a Float X is a 7….strictly based on fine tuning adjustment.

He also mentioned getting the X Avalanched or add spacers in the air chamber, similar to how the RS PIKE has air tokens....maybe another thought...just enough to tweak it a bit.

Float X High/Low SSD Kit
    Last edited by pedal-man; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    the whole eyelet that is the mounting point, is different and will not slide all the way into the Pivot M6 shock mounting points.
    Both ends, or just the rear horse shoe link?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My understanding is both ends....neither will fit one way or the other....won't slide in or the eyelet is too narrow/skinny=sloppy, you would have to shim it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I will have a DB Air CS available for shipping come tomorrow. So if you had been thinking about it but did not want to wait here's your chance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    SpeedracerATL,

do you know if the CCDBA CS comes from the factory preset? What setting are you running? I ask so I can have some sort of starting point.

HSC
    LSC
    HSR
    LSR
    and
    % sag + air pressure and your weight

Thanks,

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneLOcust View Post
    SpeedracerATL,

do you know if the CCDBA CS comes from the factory preset? What setting are you running? I ask so I can have some sort of starting point.

HSC
    LSC
    HSR
    LSR
    and

Thanks,
    There is a factory preset. I'm travelling at the moment so I am unable to give you the settings you are asking for. However I'm running 30% sag and I weigh 180lbs maybe 190 with gear.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is there anyone else who's been running a CC with astounding results? I'd just like to hear more from others real world experiences.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Will this still give the same geo that pivot had intended on? Is it still running at 155mm of rear travel?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneLOcust View Post
    SpeedracerATL,

HSC
    LSC
    HSR
    LSR
    and

Thanks,

The info is listed on the CC website....

As for me...I think I am going to get my X Avalached - SSD and extended res. cap.....half the cost of the CC DB and who knows..just might be the key

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal-man View Post
    The info is listed on the CC website....

As for me...I think I am going to get my X Avalached - SSD and extended res. cap.....half the cost of the CC DB and who knows..just might be the key
    +1 - that's the way I am leaning. Love the Avy shock on my Nomad. Best $$ I spent on that bike.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyla2 View Post
    Will this still give the same geo that pivot had intended on? Is it still running at 155mm of rear travel?
    changing the shock does not change the angles or geometry, or the frame's travel unless you get a shock with a different eye to eye or stroke length. if the shock works well you get improved responsiveness, better rebound and compression damping, reduced brake dive, better small bump compliance. these are usually things a tuner, like PUSH, sets up for considering your riding style, weight, leverage ratio of the frame you're using. but with this cc db air, you supposed can adjust all that yourself and not have to take it to a tuner and pay $100-200+.

But i'd still like to hear from some real end consumers, also known as bikers, who have actual ride experiences on this wallet-busting shock. besides speedracer, who raves about the shock but also just happens to own a bike shock that, oh natually just happens sells them them too. no offense speedracer but its just too convenient and you may not be unbiased.

im sure it's an awesome shock but we just spent $3k on the frame. Now to spend another $6 (after shipping and whatevahs) is just nuts to me. But who am I so say. I just spent $1400 on a frickin wheelset too. not okay. i'm gonna be broke and make payments on my cc. ratings will go down. okahy, i'm ranting and raving. i'm tired over and out...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    But i'd still like to hear from some real end consumers, also known as bikers, who have actual ride experiences on this wallet-busting shock. besides speedracer, who raves about the shock but also just happens to own a bike shock that, oh natually just happens sells them them too. no offense speedracer but its just too convenient and you may not be unbiased.
    No offense taken myitch I'm not itching for sales and anybody that knows me knows that I'm not into pressuring or pushing products on to people that I do not believe in. As a matter of fact I saw the interest and was filling the void at a more attractive price point for us M6 riders. I just shipped one to another board member so you will have another rider shortly and get an "unbiased" opinion

Ok and now for my plug: If someone wants one I have one available for immediate shipping.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Edit: email directly from Cane Creek...

"Both the DBAir-CS and DBInline will fit the Mach 6 and either would be a good choice (the inline if you want to save some weight). If you go with the DBAir-CS, note that you will need a specific shock with part number (BAD0919). Both shocks will change your life. Please let me know if you need anything else. "

Cheers!New Cane Creek Double Barrel Inline Shock Brings Twin Tube Tech to Trail Bikes Everywhere!
    Last edited by pedal-man; 05-20-2014 at 03:47 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yes there is. We called yesterday, and were told there was. But these are not quite available yet for any bike.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast