mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Anybody riding a Cane Creek DB inline on a 429C?

Is anyone out there with a 429C or a 429Csl riding a Cane Creek DB Inline shock? if so how are you liking it and what settings are you running?

I called Pivot to ask if they had any experience with the shock on any of there bikes and the lady that answered the phone told me that CC only recommends the stock Fox float for there bikes. I was just wondering if I should buy a Cane Creek inline for my Mach 429Csl or not is all.

Regards

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones Brigade View Post
    Is anyone out there with a 429C or a 429Csl riding a Cane Creek DB Inline shock? if so how are you liking it and what settings are you running?

I called Pivot to ask if they had any experience with the shock on any of there bikes and the lady that answered the phone told me that CC only recommends the stock Fox float for there bikes. I was just wondering if I should buy a Cane Creek inline for my Mach 429Csl or not is all.

Regards
    Hmmm... the response you got from Pivot sounds like BS to me... IMHO that's just CC blindly showing his brand loyalty since he's buddy buddy with the Fox dudes.

I know it's not what you're after, but FWIW I have the CCDB Inline on my Mach 6 (using the Ibis Mojo HD3 base tune posted in the Mach 6 CCDB Inline Settings post), and without a doubt it's a much better shock than the stock Fox FloatX CTD. Much more efficient on climbs (ability to efficiently climb without the wallowing feeling - even standing mashing on the pedals - since the shock sits higher in its travel and has a much better platform for pedaling), all the while remaining super plush and composed on the downhill.

mtbr member
    I have a DB Inline on a longer travel bike (Norco Sight) and it's great there. I wouldn't hesitate to get it for the Mach 6.

However, I also have a 429sl that I build up recently. I did get two long rides in Fruita on the stock CTD. The shock did surprisingly well. I'd ride it in this configuration for a little while before you assume you won't get the performance you want. I'm not sure if it would be worth it on a shorter travel bike with such a short shock stroke, but it also depends on how you're building/using the bike.

If you do decide to get the Inline please let us know how it compares. I for one would be very interested as I searched and didn't find anyone who had done this conversion. (There's also a 429sl build thread just started)

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sdemars View Post
    I have a DB Inline on a longer travel bike (Norco Sight) and it's great there. I wouldn't hesitate to get it for the Mach 6.

However, I also have a 429sl that I build up recently. I did get two long rides in Fruita on the stock CTD. The shock did surprisingly well. I'd ride it in this configuration for a little while before you assume you won't get the performance you want. I'm not sure if it would be worth it on a shorter travel bike with such a short shock stroke, but it also depends on how you're building/using the bike.

If you do decide to get the Inline please let us know how it compares. I for one would be very interested as I searched and didn't find anyone who had done this conversion. (There's also a 429sl build thread just started)
    Thanks for the comments,

I ordered one yesterday and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I will do a side by side comparison between the two shocks when the Cane Creek comes in. I'm interested to see how it will perform on a short travel bike like the Mach. I know a couple of guys who have Ripley's with Cane Creek Inline shocks and they said the Cane Creek brought the performance of the Ripley to a new level. We will see how it works on the Mach 429C.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cane Creek > Fox. End of conversation.

mtbr member
    Hey Bones - looks like this could have been another option if you had not already ordered the Inline.

Vorsprung Suspension Releases the Corset Air Sleeve - Press Release - Pinkbike

Anybody riding a Cane Creek DB inline on a 429C?-p4pb11920844.jpg