mtbr member
    May 2006

angleset on mach 5?

I read (possibly on here), that a cane creek angleset can be be used on a Mach 5 with 1 1/8 headtube. Is this correct? Can anyone post a link to the parts I would need to buy?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm pretty sure you can't use a CC angleset on a straight head tube unfortunately.

The good news though is that you can use a Works Components version to get 1 or 1.5 degrees. It uses a ZS44 (semi-integrated) bottom cup, with an ES44 upper cup to gain the change. The ZS bottom cup means there's no change in stack height from below, and the ES cup on top is about 8mm from memory. Unless your stem is slammed right down, you won't notice a change as you can just remove one spacer from your existing setup.

I've had 2 installed on separate bikes now (my GF's Giant Cypher and my old Mach 4), and they really make a difference. My favorite difference from the CC version is that each cup is angled, rather than using a gimble. That means the fork sits flush against the cup and not against a moveable adapter.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't use a CC angleset on a straight head tube unfortunately.

The good news though is that you can use a Works Components version to get 1 or 1.5 degrees. It uses a ZS44 (semi-integrated) bottom cup, with an ES44 upper cup to gain the change. The ZS bottom cup means there's no change in stack height from below, and the ES cup on top is about 8mm from memory. Unless your stem is slammed right down, you won't notice a change as you can just remove one spacer from your existing setup.

I've had 2 installed on separate bikes now (my GF's Giant Cypher and my old Mach 4), and they really make a difference. My favorite difference from the CC version is that each cup is angled, rather than using a gimble. That means the fork sits flush against the cup and not against a moveable adapter.

Enjoy!
    I also have a mach5 and this is a pretty good info but I don't find the ES44 on the WC site. maybe EC44?
    NEW - 1 0 Degree EC44 - ZS44 - Angle Headset Semi-Integrated type

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Whoops! Yep, the confirm the above, what you need in an EC44 + ZS44 setup

Either the one linked above for 1 degree, or this one (1 5 Degree EC44 - ZS44 - Angle Headset Semi-Integrated type) for 1.5 degrees.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Whoops! Yep, the confirm the above, what you need in an EC44 + ZS44 setup

Either the one linked above for 1 degree, or this one (1 5 Degree EC44 - ZS44 - Angle Headset Semi-Integrated type) for 1.5 degrees.

Enjoy!
    thanks a lot!