mtbr member
    Dec 2011

650b rear triangle for Mach 5.7

Has anyone heard about the potential release of 650b rear triangle for the mach 5.7 carbon?

mtbr member

650b rear triangle for Mach 5.7

No, but that's interesting.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice idea (and make sure it can clear the biggest tires {hear that Ibis} and that would move the Pivot right into a top slot for my new ride. No 650 is no deal for me! Currently the new Spitfire holds that top spot.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    650b wheels do fit into the Mach 5.7 Carbon rear triangle (2.1 tires) , and also with Fox 26" forks (Pacenti Neo Moto 2.3). Clearance is OK for all but sticky mud.

Long Live the Gorn!
    Here is one...

The Bike Company - 5.7 650B

When I spoke to the Pivot Rep when they were at the shops, they said they would look very closely at the build and potentially "certify" it...take that for what it is worth...rumor...

mtbr member
    650b fits the 5.7 carbon rear triangle but you have to change the rear shock as well so you dont rub frame with the rear tire. I wouldnt suggest you doing this unless you know what you are doing and have the correct shock/hardware to do it.
    I like to ride bikes fast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Rear triangle seems to be the most complicated part of 5.7 frame so I'd think it might be require bit more work than just lengthening some tubes.

screamer
    Yes, plus getting the BB height correct. It would involve an entirely new mold. But isn't it also the case that the rear tri is the same across all frame sizes? One mold would work for the entire line.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Yes, plus getting the BB height correct. It would involve an entirely new mold. But isn't it also the case that the rear tri is the same across all frame sizes? One mold would work for the entire line.
    Why not do an alu version first - I'd be in straight away.
    Not everyone wants carbon.