Thread: 5.7c Pure Lust

mtbr member

5.7c Pure Lust

So, before the 5.7c started shipping, there was a lot of chatter/complaints about the branding on the bike. Was either love or hate, and a bit humorous to be honest. Funny thing is, I've had the bike for three months now and the reaction of folks on the trails here in Oregon is, well, pure lust. Its like going to a club with the hottest date in the building:

Me: "Nice day, great trails"
    Them: "Ya, whatever." "F'ing sick bike dude!" (proceeds to bump and grind my bike)

Just curious how the folks on the trails are treating you and your sexy, technical marvels (aka Mach 5.7c) around the globe.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I thought the 5.7C was the ugly bike of the year when pics first came out. In fact it was one reason I would not go with the frame. Too Fast Too Furious looking.

Red was my first color choice and I ended up with blue. The few in stock around the country were blue which told me no one wanted it. The sales guy at Comp Cyc promised the blue was not ugly.

The ugly 5.7C looks waaaaaay better in person! All my bikes and toys are understated and although the Pivot is my most garish bike it's mean and manly and burly and sleek and "light looking." None of my other bikes make cars in the other lane drive in my blind spot for so long!

I've let a few test ride mine; extra set of platform pedals in the truck. Everyone from XC geeks to dirt jump crazies love it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Same....everyone comments on it, they don't know what they are looking at but never mind (Pivots are not too common in New Zealand). I don't care anyway it's my bike and it makes me happy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.7c Pure Lust-p1000156.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000157.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000158.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000159.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000161.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000162.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000164.jpeg  

5.7c Pure Lust-p1000163.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Definitely a bit of trailside lust going on with my Mach 5.7C Just about everyone who's seen it think that:
    - it's dead sexy
    - crazy light
    - feels excellent (yes, I have let other people ride her )
    - Just straight out cheating!

The build is here My Mach 5.7 of Carbonium Goodness

mtbr member
    Yep, maybe my favorite bike they make. Or is it the Phoenix... or maybe the Firebird? A carbon Firebird would be my wish - maybe bump the travel up slightly to 175 or something but keep the amazing climbing ability that it has.
    "It looks flexy"