Thread: 5.7C + CCDB Air

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

5.7C + CCDB Air

So, just 'cause I'm dreaming at the moment (as there's potential to get a cracking deal on one), has anyone tried a CCDB Air on their 5.7 or 5.7C?

If so, how did it go, compared to the Fox RP23 (non-CTD)? Trust me, it's not that I have a problem with my current shock or how it performs, but just some (slightly drunken) pondering

And, from the Pivot guys, would there be any negatives you could think of?

All totally theoretical at the moment, as from looking into tools I found my way into thinking about suspension (don't ask )...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I don't think it'll fit on the small and XS 5.7(c).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I tried a well-used CCDB Air on my size Large 5.7 for couple of hours.... The adjustments on CCDB were based on Mojo HD settings from Ibis forum here and they were quite close to what I ended on.
    The results then? CCDB was amazing on g-outs where the RP23 dives or bucks the rider - it is possible to adjust CCDB compression settings so that it will keep plush in the smaller stuff and still resists diving. This was the biggest difference to me, though had no have chance to try it on a long downhill and also no drops were tried as I'm useless at them.

I'm still thinking that CCDB Air would be an upgrade but I'm slightly concerned about servicing (location of service centre), price and some bushing size issues reported by original owner - also I would like to try Monarch Plus before buying CCDB.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    the-one1 - can't see an issue of it fitting my Medium frame. The stroke and I2I measurements are OK, and there's a reasonable amount of clearance in the triangle. I'd have to remove the bottle cage, but I so rarely carry a bottle these day I wouldn't miss it

Cheers for the feedback markom, would be interested to hear if you get any extended time on it! Still considering the CCDB Air, even after a few days... Now it's down to price though

26 ain't dead
    Has anyone tried one on an aluminum large frame? I have a 2012 and would like to test one out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chainslap- View Post
    Has anyone tried one on an aluminum large frame? I have a 2012 and would like to test one out.
    Mine is aluminum, comments above.
    I don't see why results should be different on carbon?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Kind of hoping that i would be able to fit a CCDB air onto my S size 5.7 al. oh well....