Long Live the Gorn!

429C Rear Shock Issue...Again

So I love my 429c... but I keep having an annoying rear shock issue. Its the 2013 Fox CTD Factory Rear Shock

About 4 months in I 1st I noticed the rebound adjustment was backing off to full open especially after an aggressive decent. Thought it was my imagination at first but then did the scientific method ... it wasn't my imagination. Well when I took it into the shop turns out the rebound was also blown... so the my local LBS sent it into fox, gave me a cool demo to ride and when it came back all was good... nice smooth rear shock / susp performance ... but the rebound detents still felt a bit "light" but it seemed to work / stay at adjustment.

Couple months later... the rebound is backing off again.. like a 15 min tough decent will back it off several clicks maybe as many as 4-6 (I run at 6)

So
    a) Anyone else having this trouble?

b) Any Suggestions? I think I am till under the year warranty so I guess I can get fixed / rebuilt again. Maybe I got a lemon shock.

c) If I don't feel satisfied, is there a recommended alternate shock?

d) Considering sending to Push... thoughts?

74 & 29 pilot
    If you got it from your LBS, they should demand that Fox replace it with a new 2014 one and Fox should honor that. It's not a normal wear issue, it's a defective product that doesn't work as advertised. Period!
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Pivotal figure
    I can honestly say I've never heard of that issue on a shock. Does it back out to the point where you have no adjustment (the knob moving) or is it a loss of rebound damping (like fading, leaking, etc)?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Long Live the Gorn!
    The knob itself backs off like you are turning by hand and then yes I then have no rebound damping. Yeah back to the shop, I am seriously considering upgrading to the 2014.

Pivotal figure
    Man, those detents must be practically nonexistent! Def needs some attention, nobody needs to resort to duct tape to keep their rebound set properly
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Long Live the Gorn!
    Yes its very odd..got your pm thanks will respond thx

Long Live the Gorn!
    I have to say that I am impressed with the coordination and effort between Pivot, Fox and my LBS. I got contacted by directly by Pivot and he coordinated with FOX and my LBS. So its an "interesting/unusual" issues says the Fox service Manager who called me directly and and "interviewed" me. The shock has been sent in so we will see the outcome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bvader View Post
    I have to say that I am impressed with the coordination and effort between Pivot, Fox and my LBS. I got contacted by directly by Pivot and he coordinated with FOX and my LBS. So its an "interesting/unusual" issues says the Fox service Manager who called me directly and and "interviewed" me. The shock has been sent in so we will see the outcome.
    That is not unusual for pivot in my experience. I had the same experience and it was rather effortless on my part.

official eMpTyBRain
    The RP23 on my '09 429 slips into "open" from "Propedal" whenever I go down anything rough and bouncy for a few mins. Drives me crazy!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvader View Post
    This is why Pivot is so AWESOME! Love the people who work for Pivot.
    I like to ride bikes fast.