Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

429 Seat Post Slipping

859 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ccornacc 
#1 ·
My seat post on my 2011 429 is slipping. It's the Syntace carbon post with the stock clamp if that helps in diagnosing the problem. When it was originally assembled, I used the Taxc carbon lube/paste.

It held it's position for the longest time but recently started sliding down after raising it slightly. Any recommendation for proper torque?

My plan is to clean the seat post and reapply the Tacx to see if that works.

Thanks,

#2 ·
I've had the same problem with a 2011 5.7. I have bought 2 Thompson seat posts to try and fix the problem. I have used carbon prep on both. The second one will hold if I torque the stock fastener to 80 inch pounds which I would not recommend on a carbon post. When I called Pivot they suggested that even high end posts can have an uneven diameter and I should try another post to see if the problem continued. I am wondering if there was a problem with the 2011 seat post tubing or seat post collars that is causing the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.