That's the goal for next season.
Single crown. Carbon rims. Lighter tires.
1x10. Air shock. Etc.
Gonna be my do it all bike. Trail ridin, free falling, and resort ridin.
Righteo, so I've edited the below. Unless stated, all weights are actual from my Park Scale. My bike is actually at 17.5kg (with no dirt, fresh built ).
Mine (Medium Frame) is currently at 17.5kg (38.5lbs), with what I would call a reasonable DH build. It started out at 19kg (41.8) when it was new, as everything from my 08 Glory came across. In it's lighter rebuilt version, It's held up for the last 6 months of solid riding, with both FR jump & drops and all out DH rock garden abuse.
The build is displayed nicely here (although you've already seen it as you've posted in that thread ): My Phoenix Rebuilt :)
How could I make it lighter (not that I want to, as I've got my 5.7C for general trail duties)? To hit your target I'd need to drop another 2.5kg...
- Currently on Hope Pro2 Evos with Flows & Loaded Green Spokes, yellow rim tape: 1937g
- Change to Crests on DT Swiss (Very trail friendly, not so much DH): 1514g
- Currently on Ardent 2.4 3Cs Dual Ply: 1200g (x2)
- Tubes: 207g + 210g: 417g
- Change to some 2.35 Hans Dampf (claimed weights): 765g (claimed weight) (x2)
- Go Tubeless: Lets say 300g saving (as still need sealant ).
- Currently '08 full 1.5" Totem - 2650ish grams
- Change to Fox Float 180 Tapered: 2.39kg claimed
- Currently Thomson 45mm: 163g
- Change to Sytance Megaforce2 60mm: 125g
- Currently RC4 9.5x3 (447g Claimed) w/ K9 Race Spring 358g: 805g
- Change to BOS Void: 519g (Claimed)
- Currently on XT Trail: 381g
- Change to Straitline AMP Ti: 272g (Claimed)
Total Drop: 2286g
Not quite a sub-15kg (33lb) build there, but pretty damn close. Could potentially drop a small amount on bars, grips, chain protection, bolts, etc, but that would start to get into crazy weeny territory
Don't know if I'd want to run general DH & FR duties on that build, especially through the trail I was riding on the weekend, but it would work for trail riding for sure! If you had a 2nd wheelset for heavier duty riding, then you'd be set
Last edited by Isildur; 10-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Above post edited with accurate details
Mine has weighed in at right around 33 lbs with I9 enduros, Boxxer WC, CCDB-A, and Schwalbe 2.35 MM Freeride casings and a fair number of cabon bits (seat, bars, cranks, etc). I'd think you could come real close to that number with the Schwalbe Super Gravity Hans Dampfs and a single crown. Could be rad.