Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474

    160mm vs 150 on Mach 6?

    Which travel are you folks running, the few of you that have M6s?

    I'm leaning towards a 160mm. I'd like the extra 10mm of travel and doubt I'd be able to feel the 10mm difference in headangle.

    And since the M6 is 155mm, 160 seems better for the front, logically at least. If I went 160, I could sag it a bit more.

    I'd also be running a Pike, not a Fox. I prefer RS goodies. I haven't compared the A-C heights but I know Pivot specs the geo angles with the Fox
    We Ride In God's Country!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joezuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74
    Like you I'll be getting a mach 6. I'll be running a 160mm pike upfront. It's lighter than the 150 fox I think, and the extra travel wouldn't hurt I guess. I've demoed the mach 6 with the 150mm fox, nothing wrong with it honestly. They have fixed the damping issues of the 2013 models.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    49
    +1
    Which Pike would you recommend, 150 or 160mm? Is the 66 HA calculated with a 150mm fox?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    835
    I plan to stick with 150mm plus will slacken HA even more,I believe 160mm slackens another half a degree.I ran a 160mm on my Carbine and had planned to go 160mm on Mach 6 but have found no negatives and am doing everything I did before on a 160mm plus really do not want to slacken any more.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    183
    The 150 Fox have an 7mm longer ACL anyway so you're only 3mm higher at the front end which possibly results in a 10' Minutes of 1 degree angle.

    Im got my Pike 160mm waiting and using an hope zero stack lower headset to try and keep it at 66 degree head angle

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    835
    Nice,good to know,more of my friends are going Pike.maybe in the future for me.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    How does the Hope zero lower cup fit? I thought only straight 1 1/8" steer tube forks fit zero stack cups.
    We Ride In God's Country!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    183

    160mm vs 150 on Mach 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    How does the Hope zero lower cup fit? I thought only straight 1 1/8" steer tube forks fit zero stack cups.
    It all depends on what size lower cup can fit and the pivot is big enough for the zero stack, you will also see that the head set that the Mach 6 comes out of the factory is a zero stack

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    The 150 Fox have an 7mm longer ACL anyway so you're only 3mm higher at the front end which possibly results in a 10' Minutes of 1 degree angle.

    Im got my Pike 160mm waiting and using an hope zero stack lower headset to try and keep it at 66 degree head angle
    For what it's worth my bottom bracket didn't really go up at all with the Pike 160mm on it.


  10. #10
    Paterfamilias
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    It all depends on what size lower cup can fit and the pivot is big enough for the zero stack, you will also see that the head set that the Mach 6 comes out of the factory is a zero stack
    We have used Zero Stack Headsets from the day we started making bikes. All Mach series frames use a zero stack standard.
    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face".
    Jack Handy

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by dan23 View Post
    We have used Zero Stack Headsets from the day we started making bikes. All Mach series frames use a zero stack standard.
    I just confirmed too, the Mach has a 56mm lower cup size. That's why a tapered steer tube fork will fit a zero stack HS. Somehow I thought it was a 49mm lower cup. Coolness!
    We Ride In God's Country!

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Pike 160mm Air Spring compatible with a 160mm Lyrik?
    By hafnz in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 01:55 PM
  4. Downsizing rotors from 185mm/160mm to 160mm/140mm
    By xterrafreak in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •