mtbr member

130mm forks for the mach5

hey guys, new member here

i just ordered a 2010 mach 5 frame, small.. is it ok to run it with a 130mm fork? i thot of getting the new xfusion velvet rl. the xfusion is 130mm max.. i use to own a mach4 and i run it with a 120mm rock shox sid..

Not just famous; infamous
    130mm should work well for the M5. From what I've seen, most people run 140mm forks, but I've seen 120mm-160mm forks on it. Just depends on your preference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    130mm should work well for the M5. From what I've seen, most people run 140mm forks, but I've seen 120mm-160mm forks on it. Just depends on your preference.
    hey man thanks for the pointers.. how will the length of the fork affect the ride of the bike? a longer front end means slacker ht angle yeah? more slack = ?? fickle me, now im torn between a 140 or 150mm..

Not just famous; infamous
    Quote Originally Posted by joezuri
    hey man thanks for the pointers.. how will the length of the fork affect the ride of the bike? a longer front end means slacker ht angle yeah? more slack = ?? fickle me, now im torn between a 140 or 150mm..
    Rule of thumb is 1 degree of change for every 20mm. You'll be running 10mm under spec, so about half a degree, or 69.5 degree HA, very similar to your M4 with a 120mm fork.