(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

Welcome to the new Photography forum!

Please feel free to discuss various photography related topics, especially in regards to how they relate to mountain biking and shooting bike shots, ride shots, scenery.

Discussions can be about gear or techniques or even show us some samples of your work and ask for critiques!

We have a sister site called PhotographyReview.com that is pretty popular, be sure to check it out too. There are lots of camera reviews, photo galleries and of course, user generated reviews too. It is run by Mtbr's chief photographer Photo-John.

Camera Reviews, Digital Camera Reviews & Photography

This forum was created by popular demand, please help it grow.

-gregg & francis
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

My other ride is your mom
    Awesome! Thanks for doing this...

Dishwasher Safe
    How long has this forum been here???

I'm seeing gregg posted this welcome 5 hours ago, yet there are threads in here from '08…

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
    How long has this forum been here???

I'm seeing gregg posted this welcome 5 hours ago, yet there are threads in here from '08…
    What we usually do before creating a new forum, is that we search on the topic to see how many existing threads on the topic are already being discussed. This helps us gauge the popularity of it and if it really needs its own forum. After determining that yes, there IS enough interest, instead of just creating a new, empty forum, we migrate old threads on the topic into the new forum. This makes the forum more helpful as a resource and can often "breath life" back into a long forgotten thread.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    nice! once i make some new mountain bike friends ill get some photos!

workin' it Administrator
    Sweet! Now I just need a mountain bike so I can go and ride and take pictures again.
    Try this: HTFU

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    What we usually do before creating a new forum, is that we search on the topic to see how many existing threads on the topic are already being discussed. This helps us gauge the popularity of it and if it really needs its own forum. After determining that yes, there IS enough interest, instead of just creating a new, empty forum, we migrate old threads on the topic into the new forum. This makes the forum more helpful as a resource and can often "breath life" back into a long forgotten thread.
    OK, cool. Thanks for clearing that up… Hopefully it'll gain some momentum. I've seen a lot of nice photography MTBR...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Now I don't feel bad - I wondered how I didn't notice this forum before.

Cycling for Life
    Great idea for a forum, thank you.

Am already curious and have a question concerning the ‘assignments’ such as the Water going on now; should photos submitted have a MTB element to them?
    I see a lot of great photos posted in that thread but not many of them have a MTB element to them - ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I figure that they do have a MTB element as people who love mountain biking are posting the photos. Maybe if the person setting the assignment wants to limit photos to mtb-related photos, they could call it mtb/water or something like that.

The nice thing about not requiring that they have mountain biking in the photo is that it gives those who are injured or otherwise not biking something fun to do.