mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Water photography while I'm injured.

Stoked on the new forum! I'm healing from an injury caused by photography...sorta. I broke my wrist in July and was on the mend and not enjoying my inability to ride. I decided that getting some good photos would get me out of the house a bit. So I drive out of town a bit to get to a good creek for some long exposure water shots. I get to the creek and start taking shots as I'm hiking up the creekbed. After getting a good ways up the creek, I step onto a large boulder and it dislodges and sends me flying into the creek. Well during the fall the boulder ends up smashing my foot pretty good. I couldn't put any weight on it and it hurt good. I ended up extending my tripod to use as a crutch to get out and to my truck. It took forever, I ended up with a dislocated metatarsal and 8 weeks in a cast...uggh. I did get some decent pics though.
    I used a Canon t2i with a cpl filter to get these waterfall shots. The water drip shots I took with the t2i in my kitchen sink if you can believe it. Enjoy!! If you have any pointers let me know. These were my first attempts at these types of photos.

Water drop shots. These shots take a lot of patience but are pretty rewarding.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/4kqlifer/Water%20drops/IMG_7151.jpg[

/IMG]

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    nice shots man and sorry to hear about the injury! i wish you a speedy recovery!

my fav is #2

DH.FR.0ne
    Your photography just had me hooked for nearly 20mins! Great work, I'll have to have a go at some drop shots myself.
    Wish you a speedy recovery also.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nice shots!

MTB B'dos
    Nice shots Dude, especially like the last water splash shot, well done. Sorry to hear about the injury, heal up fast and yeah, like this new forum as well, will have to make some contributions.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Good stuff man!