Thread: video cameras.

mtbr member

video cameras.

hello, all.

so I know there's a few people that like recording but do not own a gopro for one reason or another. I figure we can compile a list of alternatives.

so here's one. It's actually currently on sale only until tomorrow evening: http://tech.woot.com/offers/midland-...=email#tracked

any others, feel free to add.

thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am going to be brutally honest here.

480p down right sucks, 720 is about the minimum you want to go for a trail camera. Those mounting systems also looks pretty flimsy and would most likely be moving around. "Midland" in general makes pretty cheap products, I can tell by looking at that camera that it is on the cheaper side of the spectrum (which isn't really a bad thing) but a lot of their other products are pretty crappy, IE their CB radios.

If you go on youtube and look up the camera do not get fooled by the company's own promo videos, they all undergo heavy editing. The same goes with Gopros, Contours, ETC, without thousands of dollars of editing software the camera's film is not going to look anything like their videos.

If you are just looking for a basic camera who knows, the one you posted may work out. It is also currently sold out on that website

Some other cameras to check out...

Contour HD--1080p

Coleman Helmet Cam-- 1080p

I cannot speak strongly enough about the Gopro though.. Yes they are alittle bit pricey but you can literally use them for everything, they are also popular enough that they are still coming out with new cases and mounts.

Edit: An interesting article that I just found
    GoPro HD Hero 2 vs. Ion Air Pro: Who is action cam king? - Pocket-lint
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."